1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NJ school district pulls gay family movie

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by surfrboykai, Sep 12, 2007.

1. surfrboykai

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/146743/new_jersey_school_district_pulls_gay.html

it's like, really difficult to harsh my mellow, but that seriously sickens me :tantrum:

2. Gera-Kun

that is so messed up....this world is full of predijuce ppl...

3. surfrboykai

i know it is. and it totally sucks.

4. Negasta

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Remember kids, it's OK to hate other people for no good reason, as long as it is in the name of Jesus.

5. Bryan

Lol, good one, but seirously, this really upsets me. Younger children need to be taught that some people have a mom and a dad, some people have just a mom, some just a dad, some 2 dads and some 2 moms. It is really upsetting, and makes me feel ashamed of my home state.

6. JSG

JSG Guest

So two-parent households, foster families, adoptive families, families with single parents, families with grandparents heading the household, inter ethnic families and families of varying religions would be 'less damaging' or better for a child than and families headed by gay or lesbian couples ????? :eusa_eh:

Puhhlease, how ridiculous can you get??
    Homo couples can't raise [their] children [well]?

7. Jeimuzu

Ah, goddamn it! That's a circular problem! The kids are gonna grow up thinking that a gay/lesbian household is weird now, and then when they have kids the exact same argument will pop up! The parents always say "They're too young to understand such issues!"

My reply? That's good. If you treat gay people as normal from the start, then it won't be an issue later.

Seemed fitting.

8. Latinokid

Latinokid Guest

Thats why i love the dutch kid who sings "two fathers"

9. 24601

That's so gross.

10. Thats unfair for them to pull it.

11. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    As unfair as this is, it doesn't surprise me. The kids that are in gay and lesbian homes feel like outcasts when they should be taught that because their home may be different, it is okay the same as those foster families, adoptive families, and all other types of families. I hope alot of people show up in support of this movie.

12. surfrboykai

one of my best friends, rachael, comes from a lesbian household. there's nothin wrong with her in the slightest. she didn't suffer from not havin a father growing up. and like, her mother and her mother's girlfriend have been together since rachael was like, 2, and she's 21 now.

13. Whitsy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    This whole fucking world is full of predijuce ppl

14. surfrboykai

of course. it's retarded

15. Whitsy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I know before the whole I’m gay thing I always wished that people would treat each other with respect and not treat them like dirt but in this day and age I know that will never happen.

16. surfrboykai

it might brah. you just gotta like, look at the glass half full.

17. Jim1454

*starts to sing national anthem...* "Oh, Canada! Our home and native land..."

I'm glad I live here - we seem to be a couple of steps ahead of the US in terms of public acceptance, and the fact that religious organizations don't have the same clout here that they appear to in the US.

I have to be concerned about this issue, because at some point in time my little girls are going to be aware that their dad is gay. While they will know that I'm a great dad regardless, I worry what kind of reaction they might get from their friends. This kind of education for younger kids would be great!

18. surfrboykai

yah, i wish that we americans fuckin knew what "separation between church and state" means, and i wish the fuckin religious zealots would go back to school and learn about the treaty of tripoli

19. NkyJ

I live in New Jersey and it seems that recently there has been a lot of school-related issues regarding homosexuality. I don't really know what to say because in my community, which is relatively large, everyone seems a bit more open-minded than the people of Marlton. I suppose that's because we're one of the largest communities in New Jersey; we're used to a lot of diversity. Heh.

20. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I think so too!

Jim, I met a lady once in probably her early 60's who figured out after her Dad committed suicide that he probably was gay and had spent his whole life in the closet. Then you know how they say we marry men like our dads. She married a man who later came out as gay. Unbelievable, huh? Well, she is a devout advocate for coming out, living authentically, and gay rights. She wishes her Dad would of had the courage to come out. She certainly would of had him with her for much longer!

Your girls are going to be just fine! :slight_smile: