1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Successful First Date via Dating Website - Fumble Edition

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by boyequal, Jul 1, 2010.

1. boyequal

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    The post got long, so here's two versions:

Long version:

Since it's winter holiday around here (yay Southern Hemisphere), my friends are far away, sleeping (yay for working friends) or just not reachable - so no girl friends who I can gossip with. Anyway, I just had to share this just to put a positive spin on online dating websites - and since I thought of EC after it all - reading posts over the years making me who I am today.

I haven't been on a date in what feels like forever, as I've been sp busy with work. This holiday (I work for the university, so also get holidays, yay) I decided to make a change and get out there again, but how? Heck, try an online dating website! So I set up a profile with carefully selected photos of myself. Of course there are the weird old guys who wanna pick up some fresh meat, but the Block button is oh so easy to use!

So, got messaged by this guy who lives about 30mins from me. We started chatting online and then texting for a couple of days. Very nice guy, almost felt like chatting to myself. Conversations got deep at some stage and he said that he used to be wild, but would like to take things slower in the future. No problem with me...

So today, we're chatting and he says: "How about <mall name> in an hour?" Sure, why not! I quickly get rid of the tracksuit I was wearing - I hadn't planned on going out today, okay? - don some other clothes and off I go. I get to the mall, but he's the first to phone to find out where I was. Note: This is the first time I actually heard his voice! (yay for texts!)

We find each other, hug, and off we go. First wandering aimlessly in the mall and then off for coffee. We each had a latte (scary) and started chatting. The obligatory "So..."-silences did come up, but either tried to quickly pose a question and resume the conversation. And the first fumble was that I got interrupted by two calls that I had to take :frowning2: (yay for afternoon dates)

Now, the movie. We head over to see Eclipse... Here my second fumble comes along. The ticket machine declined my card! What?! Luckily he then tried his and it was also rejected. Moved over to another machine that did accept my card. I got hold of the ticket. We walked around for a bit before heading off to the movie. Get there... (third fumble) I lost the ticket! GAAH! I felt like the earth could swallow me whole! I carried the ticket in the same pocket as my cellphone, and it probably fell out when I checked the time. (yay for not wearing a watch). Spoke to a manager who luckily let us in, after explaning it to her - I think she could see the panic in face.

The movie itself was fun (yay for Jacob) and I quickly ran out to buy us something to drink, as my debacle lost us time. Then later I had to leave to give the drinks back (yay for too much coffee)

After the movie, it was a mutual decision that we had to head home. We parked on totally different sides of the mall, so, in the middle, we hugged and went our ways. (no first date kiss? fumble? No. Yay for taking things slow :wink:)

Got back, found each other online again and thanked each other for a nice afternoon He now fell asleep while watching a movie (at least I hope so, he just disappeared), and he has to be up at 4am!

As promised, the short version:

Set up online dating profile. Met someone. Chatted online. Met up for coffee and movie. I lost the ticket. Saw movie anyway. Had a great afternoon.

So, I thought I'd just share this, but I feel like I should give a warning. (Apologies if this isn't my place) Yes, dating websites can be wonderful, but also filled with dangerous people. Chat for a while before seeing each other - it doesn't have to be long, we only chatted for 3 days. Meet in a public place! I cannot stress this enough! Meet in a public place! Also, inform someone of your date - if not parents (yeh right), tell a friend, I did (but he's also one of the sleeping ones now). Horror stories can become reality so easily!

Any other successes? Any other first date fumblers? (No wonder I'm single!)

2. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well minus the Eclipse debacle and the fact that it's a horrible movie (just my own opinion), congrats on the date!! :grin:

3. MagicalMatt

Sounds like fun! I'd say that was a nice date!

Doesn't sound like you really fumbled at all. Eclipse may have been a terrible movie, but you both decided to see it.