1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Would You Date Yourself?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by theJosephDean, Jul 5, 2010.

1. theJosephDean

Saw this on another forum, so I thought I'd bring it here.

Basically, do you think you have the qualities/traits/attributes that would make you date yourself if you were another person?

My response would be definitely not. I wouldn't be able to handle all my insecurities and weird mood-swing-edness and occasional jealousy and self-depreciation :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

So what about you? If you don't think you would date yourself, (and at the risk of sounding narcissistic) would you find yourself attractive enough to be intimate with?

Answer to that would still be a definite no :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2. SwissBoy88

Hahahahaha....god no! I just told my friend the other day that I'm so glad I don't have to date myself.

I'm way to emotional, not tall enough etc, etc....

3. Black Cat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hmmm, I like this question!

I think I would date myself, but only because of my non-existent standards for dating. I'm definitely loyal, which is a trait I highly prize. I may be a little too clingy though. Wow. I'm beginning to sound like a Golden Retriever. xD I'm disgustingly insecure, but try to use that to my advantage so I can always strive to be better at everything. I'm dedicated to making others happy, but I can't tell if that's a good thing or a bad thing just yet. I’m dedicated, because I think it is important to have goals outside of a relationship in order to stay grounded. I’m also a nurturer, or so I’d wager a guess, meaning I’m pretty supportive of the other person.

Plus I can cook, so if all else fails at least I'd eat well.

Sexually I think I'd pass. I mean I have all the requirements it takes for me to want to sleep with someone: a pulse and a penis (although I am lacking a bit more in the experience department than I’d like for my ideal partner to be) but I think I'm unattractive (which is usually something I never say about people, so it sounds really odd having said it about myself). Although if I was really hurtin' for a squirtin' I may go ahead and hit this.

4. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't think so. I don't see myself as dating material.

5. Ben

Ben

I don't think I would be an unstable or horrible partner, but I'm just not my type.

6. Pepsi

Pepsi Guest

Oh no. I'm really not my type. I need someone who is outgoing, stable, and compassionate. I'm shy, random (crazy seemed too self-loathing), and kind of a jerk so I'm not sure I could handle me.

7. pirateninja

I reckon I could be really good friends with myself, like go out for beers, go to football matches, hang out with etc. However, I'm a bit too butch for myself, I go for the femmier girls. Plus, I'd find my romantic side a bit too soppy, and my nonchalant side a bit too uncaring for my own liking. :grin:

8. jazzrawr

You know, I probably would.
    I don't want to sound narcissistic, but I really am my type. XD
    I could probably make myself laugh, and I'm romantic enough for myself. And I like girls who are chill, like me.
    And although I know I'm not the most attractive person, I think I'm ok. :grin: I usually like girls who don't look like me, usually either dark hair and eyes or very petite, but I could go for myself.

9. VampConspiracy

My clone and I wouldn't want to date... at all. I do not have quite the right mindset to date right now, for reasons I have splattered across these forums. :slight_smile:

10. theJosephDean

(*hug*) =)

11. British Lad

British Lad Guest

No no no no no no I am far to weird and ugly and my thought are criminal.

12. Davy

Scotland (That's the bit with hills & rain)
    To be honest yeah, I like me, not many other people do but i like me and that's what counts. :lol:

I like people that a bit quirky and strange. And as i have learned there is no one stranger than myself. In fact i sometimes confuse myself with my action's and thought's.

13. theJosephDean

Heh. Sometimes I think I'm the only person who could truly appreciate myself, but I still think my craziness would outweigh it :lol:

I can be super sweet and romantic and all that mushy garb, and I would seriously appreciate getting it back in the relationship. Hmm. My final answer to this topic would probably waffle back and forth. I'd have to sit myself down and knock some of the insensibleness out of me first :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

14. Davy

:lol: if you were in a date with a clone of yourself and you beat yourself up would that be considered self harm?

15. theJosephDean

Well it wouldn't have to be necessarily a clone. You could be someone else entirely dating who you are now :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

But that's actually a good question :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Another good question, if you gave your clone head, would it be considered auto-fellatio? :icon_wink

:lol:

16. paco

paco Guest

i like this question. ignoring the narcissistic tendency it could be a way to determine if you are "datable," i mean in a bit of a narrow sense, if you wouldn't date yourself because of all these flaws you have that you deem so important, why should anyone else want to? but i suppose that doesn't account for looks cause everyone has a different type.

that being said, i don't know, i'd probably date me lol but it's hard to say cause i can't take a step back and look at my face to see if i'd be attracted to it haha. personality though, yeah i think i'd go for me. i've got a lot of common ground and i could talk to myself for hours... (boy if that doesnt sound insane haha)

#16 paco, Jul 5, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 5, 2010
  17. partietraumatic

nah i wouldn't. I think too much similarity isn't good for a relationship. Im sure i would be great friends with myself, since we would have exactly the same interests :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

but as for a relationship, i think you're partner has to challenge you a little, and bring out another side of your personality, clearly dating someone identical to me wouldn't do this :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

18. paco

paco Guest

unless your personality is so multifaceted that you could bring out a whole other side by yourself :grin:

19. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I tend to hate people like me, so probably not.

20. Davy

:lol: There must be some one out there, who can answer such question's?

Mind you what if you found out you were bad at the above said activity. that would be a blow to your own confidence! This whole self-dating is harder than it looks