1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Date Nights

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by theJosephDean, Jul 6, 2010.

1. theJosephDean

So, I was on my way home from the cinema, and it was a long, quiet drive (went across a few cities to my sister's hometown because theirs is a thousand times better :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:), and I took the quiet to start thinking some about my current relationship.

My boyfriend and I never actually dated prior to getting together. I just went and stayed with him for a weekend randomly (because I was crushing on him pretty hardcore and wanted the chance to get to know him better), and by the end of the weekend, we were in a relationship.

So after all the thoughts, one of them was that I wish we would have had the dating period beforehand just for the experience of it. So I texted him and asked that once the semester started back up, to get through the stress of classes and work and my tutoring, that we should set aside a single night during the week to just go out on a date, to which he replied positively.

So my question to you, fellow EC-ers, is that do you think date nights are good in relationships to help relieve some of the monotony? I know a lot of couples go on dates all the time, but I guess this is directed more towards those who are always busy and find it hard to find "couple time", as it were :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

And for you singles out there, what are your thoughts on the concept of it in a relationship (or have you had similar experiences in previous relationships)?

Just thought it would be an interesting topic to discuss. :slight_smile:

2. AeonToy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    hey that's actually pretty funny because that's kind of how i got together with my boyfriend. We had no dating period before and so for a while we tried going on dates... but we are both students so it's kind of hard to find a lot of time together (because we found out that we are terrible at studying together :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:) When we do spend time together though, I like that we just stay inside, watch a movie, cook, nap, etc. (saves money too...)

I guess it does relieve monotony but I like the moments best when it's just me and him. but I'm new at this it's been around 4 months now so :/ I dunno maybe somebody more experienced can answer too. We may need dates in the future after we get sick of watching Up 100 times.

3. theJosephDean

Heh, what's funny is that in a few days, it'll be four months for us, too :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Talk about coincidence. And I'm moving in with him and his roommates for the next school year (because I refuse to live on campus again), so monotony will be very monotonous :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

4. matty123

i think dates are nice, me and my boyf have been together for just over 7 months now and we see each other a few times a week, usually we just hang out and talk, play on the wii or xbox or watch tv or something.so its nice to go out for a meal every week or two and just do something special and romantic, and its nice to treat each other :slight_smile: and we didn't really date when we first got together either

5. Daniel

I've never done the date night thing in my relationships but my parents who've been married for nearly 26 years now still go out on date nights. It's a chance for them to have them time. And it's adorable to boot. My sister and I follow them to the door and just go "aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwweeeeeeee" til they get in the car.

6. theJosephDean

:lol: :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Very nice xD