1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

woah this is not equality

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by fabu2113, Jul 7, 2010.

1. fabu2113

fabu2113 Guest

So I thinking about how can i come out of the closet soon in the near future. And im thinking that one day i will be on my own and i will have a great job. But Im wondering if being out can effect my job or someone elses. Its just im wondering on the thought if someone had a job in the politcal world, were the person is seen by the public eye. Can they be gay and if so. Lets say that person was caught at a gay club just hanging with some friends. in my opinion i think that would affect his job. But to tell you; after i come out, I am not the guy to be braging, professing that I am gay to the whole world. would you say that coming out could be like saying I dont care if people think or know that I am gay. I would just tell the person that asked me or wonderd that I had no problem with my sexuality or him knowing or worrying about it. But there are alot of great job oppertunities out there. I just hope If one of those opertunities were to get me a great paying job and also one that was my gaol and dream. That I would not Fail or Quit or Even get fired over the mere fact that I am gay.

2. Lady Gaga

Lady Gaga Guest

Unfortunately, a lot of places in the U.S. still have no legal protections when it comes to employment for LGBT citizens.

Oklahoma is one of those. :frowning2:

It really isn't equality at all. We are the lowest citizens by the law in the U.S.

Doesn't it just give you an overwhelming pride for your country?

3. AlyssWonderland

Hopefully by the time we're all older and completely on our own, there will be full equality and we won't need to worry about these things. It's a long fight but slowly we're getting there... It'll happen someday though. Someday we're all going to be accepted.

4. fabu2113

fabu2113 Guest

You said it. I am one of many(problably) that wants change, but I cant do it now. I wish for people to understand that we as gay citizens can do what ever hetoros can . And also letting them know we are everywhere. Also I wish for them to understand that our orientation is not a big deal. though they are not acustom to that type of life style we as the gay comunity live but every one is different. I hate when people steriotype a group. But why do it. Its all in the people . Some want to feel normal others express themselfs. one day i wish to express another side to the gay commmunity. And also along with other ideas that we are all equal.

5. GoinStag

In Loving Memory

Well the way I see it, it's none of your co-workers business if you're gay. It doesn't concern them. They don't even need to know. I doubt any straight people go for a job interview, shake the bosses hand, and say "Hi I'm [So and So], I'm straight" lol

As for if you're caught by a co-worker at a go club, your co-workers would have some explaining to day to. Can you imagine running into someone you work with at a gay club and them going "What are you doing here? Are you gay?!" lol

6. fabu2113

fabu2113 Guest

yes that would be very funny lol and akward.