1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What inspires you?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Lady Gaga, Jul 18, 2010.

1. Lady Gaga

Lady Gaga Guest

I'm curious. What are the people that inspire you through your day to day life?

2. Rikudo

A better future and the fact that you have to work to achieve that dream.

3. Lady Gaga

Lady Gaga Guest

Rush Limbauch inspires me to know about the good in the world and to not be ignorant, because he knows nothing.
    Heidi Montag inspires me to love myself and other people, be them fat, skinny, ugly or pretty, because she didn't.
    My friend Macklin inspires me to think outside of the box, always be creative.
    Lady Gaga inspires me to be myself.
    Barak Obama inspires me to beat the odds.
    Kathy Griffin inspires me to be truly equal, because we are all human.

4. Iniquity

Music inspires me the most day to day. Finding so many different styles than just the ones I was forced to revolve around when I was younger keeps me going every day.

5. stratavos

oakville(college) and oshawa(hometown) ont, Canada
    awesome moody music.

6. x2x2x2x2y2

^pretty much exactly this.

Oh, and my nieces and nephews inspire me. Seeing them grow and change is amazing.

7. Shevanel

8. Owl47

Out Status:
    Some people
    They do.

9. Black Cat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Everything inspires me. Absolutely everything.

And when I can't find inspiration I sit in the dark and it finds me.

10. Echidna1

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    His smile inspires me to travel to him.

11. OutToSea

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    This, Lady Gaga, and my close family/friends. :slight_smile:

Oh, and fruit smoothies.

12. A particular Moose <3

Tori Amos, Maynard James Keenan, and Bjork - Musical and lyrical geniuses

Alexander McQueen - He inspired me to not be afraid of any statement I felt needed to be made, and made me realize at a young age to think out of the box and look backwards in history for inspiration.

Kevyn Aucoin/Pat McGrath - Helped me realize that makeup is much more than perfectly blended eyeshadow.

Florida - You make me smile sometimes.

13. Maynard and Bjork are some of the best singers ever. :eusa_clap I've only listened to one Tori album (Little Earthquakes, which I loved), though.

14. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Once I was staying at my parents' house, and had too much spaghetti for dinner. I had some weird dream where a cartoon character (which I'd seen twice, ever, and not for five years) threw a major hissy fit at me about how hard his life was. After I woke up, I decided I wanted to try my hand at writing fanfiction.

A few years ago, I was walking home from work and I passed an older guy wearing a beat-up T-shirt and (I think) boxer shorts carrying a remote-control car under his arm. I decided then and there that I wanted to buy a camera and start taking photos of things.

I wrote two pieces of fiction after hearing friends say random things. One was "I personally can't stand Christmas", the other was "No final episode, even?" In both cases, I had the plot and basic story in my head within thirty seconds of hearing them. In the former case, I had the story written three hours later.

I do like taking pictures of flowers and statues, but I "see" a lot more pictures in abandoned buildings and urban decay.

There are two yearly events that bear names I suggested, a national chain who occasionally uses a slogan I wrote, and a (now former) sports franchise that used a mascot I designed and named. In all cases, I didn't give it much thought - I just suggested something that sounded good right away.

My friends are in a band, and periodically, they've found themselves with some sort of minor problem that they're not sure how to get around. Whenever they find themselves in that spot, one of them says "We need a Lex." One of them calls me and says, "Hey, Lex, we're having a problem with such-and-such." And I say "Why don't you do so-and-so?" And they say "Perfect - thanks." And every time, I don't think I've given it much thought at all. I just let the brain run.

For me, inspiration really is everywhere. It can be something big and obvious, or something really minor. It can be something totally unexpected, or it can be me just looking at something I've looked at a hundred times...but just not like this. I think the real difference between me and most folks is that I've learned to recognize these things and heed them.

Example. When driving to go visit my grandmother once, I passed a closed-down gas station. I think I glanced over and saw the gas pumps out of the corner of my eye. And I felt...something. It isn't some big flash or anything. But I feel a slight tug. And I've learned to listen to that. So I pulled into the left lane, drove around the block, and went back to the gas station. And took some of the best pictures I've ever done.

Sometimes, I don't get anything, though. The pictures don't turn out, or even worse, I don't have my camera, or my cell phone isn't good enough to take the right picture. But that's OK. Often just looking at it can provide the spark. And yeah, it's weird that sometimes I stop where I'm going to go stare at two plastic cups sitting in a window. But I think heeding that "tug" helps me a lot.

Lex

15. nebenebe

Lafayette, Louisiana, USA, North America, Earth
    The Sky does. I've written 2 stories,taken 104 pictures, and wrote 9 poems.
    I love the Sky.

16. Allistair

Allistair Guest

A very good friend that i have inspires me to be myself, she helps me to believe in myself when everyone else says i'm wrong. I have a huge amount of respect for her and i love her to death. She's the type of person that helps me to understand things when i feel lost and she's also extremely supportive. Thankfully she's been there for me when i've gone through some very tough moments. Without her my life would be much crazier.

My parents also inspire me to be brave and face the new challenges that are coming my way. Sure they have their flaws and they're still working on accepting me for who i am, but i respect them and i hope that some day they can understand.

17. RedState

Grey Goose has always done wonders for me.
    If only I could get those damn birds to quite shitting on me the next morning, lol.

18. AlyssWonderland

The simplest things. Reflections, shadows, little things in music, light, nature, sounds, anything. Mainly reality and fantasy.
    I'm an artist, I paint, draw, write, act, sing, dance, make music, everything. Anything can inspire me to do anything really.

19. 8bit

I inspire myself, because damn, i know myself better than anyone knows me.