1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Would you change your name?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by RiotPoofBrandon, Jul 19, 2010.

1. Ok, so if you could change your name right at this moment, would you? And what would you change it too? Why would you change it to that?

Personally, I don't feel like the name Brandon suits me. Ive never been the biggest fan of it. If I could right now, I would change it to Tommy.

I mean, Exhibit A, and Exhibit B

I want to join the pantheon of awesome Tommy's >_>

#1 RiotPoofBrandon, Jul 19, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 19, 2010
  2. djt820

Dylan is a kickass name and I'm kickass. It's just a name anyways. Who gives a fuck?

3. Katherine

The land of rednecks and pine trees (Georgia)
    Xander. Just because that's a freaking awesome name.

...I can't think of any others. Just Xander. xD

Well, maybe Max. I've always liked that name for some reason.

4. theJosephDean

For the longest time I wanted my name to be Jason. I think because I thought my uncle of the same name was pretty cool. Also because it's Greek for "healer". Meh. My real middle and last names, though, are to be changed within the next few years though hopefully for personal/familial purposes.

5. Allistair

Allistair Guest

Well i think that Alexander is a pretty good name, i just hate that it's so friggin common. It has alot of history behind it and there's a version of it in almost every language. But there are other parts of my full name that i would really like to change.

6. Shevanel

I would only want to change my last name because its too long and people don't know how to pronounce things correctly >_>

To clarify, I just want to shorten my name to the first 6 or so letters.

#6 Shevanel, Jul 19, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2010
  7. Nodnarb

I've never been a huge fan of my name, but I don't know that I really would want to change it. My parents once told me some of the other names they were considering for me, and I think they chose the worst on their list. I was very bitter about that for awhile...

I like my last name though. It's uncommon, which I much prefer over some really common name. If anything, I'd go back to the full original French version we shortened 150-200 years ago. That was definitely an awesome last name. People would completely butcher it, but it would still be awesome. It's not like people can pronounce/spell it correctly in it's Americanized version today anyways...

8. Rikudo

I like my First and Last name but I HATE my middle name I'd change that in a heart beat.

9. blueeyedcutie

I would change my name because it is a traditional biblical name. I think I would love it to be Lucia Rose...

10. otc877

otc877 Guest

Chaz is a cool name, and relatively uncommon. I'm also pretty fond of Skylar and Jonas, but I couldn't really imagine myself named anything other than Chaz.

11. Walolas

I would love my full name to just change but I've never had enough thought into it to actually choose a new name so maybe a randomized one might be interesting?

12. VentinIntrovert

It sucks having a name with two letters. It's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. I would like to be called Vince.

13. Nomad187

I would and I have changed it before and I plan on changing it again

14. I hate having Alex as my name. It's so... plain. I've always wanted to change my name, but my parents don't want me to. If I change my name, I want it to be Alex Chilton. Because he's awesome enough to have been immortalized by a Replacements song. :slight_smile:

Oh yeah, and it sucks serious ass that my last name is hyphenated. I feel like one of the Jolie-Pitt kids... :bang:

15. AlyssWonderland

Alice. Or Alyss (pronounced like Alice but spelled all awesome). I would only need to drop the second A in my name. But Alyssa is fine I suppose, so I'll just name my future child (boy or girl) Alice.

16. Markio

I would not change my first name right now. I don't see a reason to do it now, and in the mean time I'm used to it and I think it's okay.

17. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't mind my first name. However, I'm strongly thinking about either changing my middle name or taking on a new one. My middle name's Angeline, which is after my aunt, who had a huge falling out with my family ten-odd years ago. Even if I do keep that name, I'd like to add Christian or Christina as a second middle name, because a while back my dad found out that just about every one of the last ten generations has had a Christian or a Christopher. (Also, it'd be to honour my dad, who's named Christopher.)

18. Spectre

Couldn't agree more. :slight_smile:

19. Meropspusillus

I like my name a lot, it's kinda rare, and I like the sounds. (I'm of the firm belief that L is the prettiest sounding letter in the English language...and K and N are pretty nice too)...It's also fun when your name is rare and you encounter another person with your name to get really drunk and just shout it at each other. >_>

20. Because I simply don't like how it sounds, I've been wanting to change my last name for quite some time although to what I have no idea. My first and middle names would stay as they are.