1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I have no style... help?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by kettlkorn, Jul 22, 2010.

1. kettlkorn

So... I have no sense of style whatsoever, and I think I might need to learn a few things. If that's possible to do over the internet, great. If not, then I guess I'm screwed haha. Any tips? You could put your favorite outfit if you want to too!

2. Shevanel

Just wear stuff ya like. Wearing other people's stuff doesn't give you a style. it gives you someone else's. Besides, you don't really wanna be copying other people, too many people do that these days. Just be yourself.

3. Markio

I watched What Not to Wear to figure out what sorts of clothes are flattering, although most episodes are about women. The most flattering clothes are the ones that fit you properly. My two tips are to try things on before you buy them, and do not let other people pick out your clothes for you. It's also fun to experiment in the mall because you don't have the buy clothes to try them on.

4. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Your style is no style. Like me. :slight_smile:

5. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I wear T-shirts from obscure sporting teams.
    I draw pictures on T-shirts and wear them.
    And jeans.

Thus ends my style.
    I'm cool with that. :slight_smile:

Lex

6. 507bro

finding your style is finding what you like to wear

i like to wear plain t shirts alot but i have it in tons of colors
    because it's cheap and i hate all the graphic crap clothing companies
    are pumping out. you can't go wrong with a nice fitting t shirt
    and jeans.

7. Mogget

Can't speak for kettlkorn, but even that doesn't help me. I don't know what does and doesn't fit. I have to ask other people for anything beyond "this falls off me" and "I can't breath in this." *sighs*

8. x2x2x2x2y2

Thats so cool. How do you draw on them?? And what kind of stuff do you draw??

9. paco

paco Guest

when i go clothes shopping i look for stuff that i think would be hot/cute if another guy wore it and then see if they have it in colors i like..

uhh, don't wear pants and shirts that are the same color.. i believe 2 things that are the same color shouldnt touch, but i do match my shirt and shoes a lot.

don't wear horizontal stripes and vertical stripes at the same time..

that's all i can think of, when you're trying on clothes just look in the mirror and think to yourself, "would i tap that?" :lol:

10. partietraumatic

tbh i think style is more about confidence and personality than what you're actually wearing.

You could wear the most fashionable outfit chosen by experts who know fashion inside out, but if you don't feel comfortable in it,you will look ridiculous. Equally i know people who just wear jeans and a tshirt,but because they are comfortable and confident in it, they look great.

Personally i just think 'do i like that'. If the answer is yes then i get it and know i will probably look good in it.

11. Pseudojim

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Neither do i, and personally, i think it absolutely doesn't matter whatsoever. In fact, i find myself more impressed by people who knowingly flout current fashion.

12. Bang Bang

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think everyone has a style, no matter what. Even if you like to be nude, that's your style right there! Ha ha!

For me, skinny jeans and t-shirts are my life! I cannot wear anything else other than my black skinnies and a graphic t-shirt.

Just wear what you feel most comfortable in and confident. That's your style.

13. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I wear shirts that make game references that 70% of the world doesn't get. Wear what you like that's a style.

14. Davy

Scotland (That's the bit with hills & rain)
    I could tell you what i like to ware but that's not relay the point. Ware what you like and what makes you feel comfortable.

15. darkestknight

Me is generic style.

Normal t-shirt. Normal slacks. Normal shoes/sneakers. Nothing flashy whatsoever.

Only thing is the most expensive among all my clothes worn: underpants. :roflmao:

If you want more... I own a monochrome, $33 phone bought from Carrefour when the rest of my juniors and my coursemates own at least a phone with an operating system inside.

And I'm proud of flaunting that phone anyway! :lol:

16. Cameron17

Yeah I agree with what most people post here just wear what you like and get it in your size, if your not sure if it fits there is nothing wrong with asking another persons opinion, that doesnt mean you dont have style :wink:

Personally I wear jeans almost 100% (mostly skinny or slim fit) and a snug t-shirt, but I also like shirts, cardigans and random accessories like a cap, wristbands, watch, etc.
    Also I love pump style trainers (or whatever they are supposed to be called lol)

As long as you like what you wear then its fine though apart from the extreme obvious things that wont go together i'd say, and be careful about not wearing something your 'uncomfortable' wearing because for a long time i felt that way about jeans after growing up wearing tracksuits but now you cant get me out of them (except in some situations :wink: ) haha

17. autoKrat

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    i fear this topman craze has already sucked me in. i mostly just wear shirt and jeans, nothing too fancy.

18. zzzero

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well if you buy clothes that dont fit quite right, you can always bring them to a tailor and have them fitted specifically to you. However, buying fitted shirts and stuff usually looks better. Personally I like to wear dark jeans and a plain colored tee shirt, or a button down shirt of some kind with the sleeves rolled up. I like tight V necks even though I dont have any of my own(i feel like i cant pull it off because i'm not skinny enough). Just go and try a bunch of different styles and just wear whatever you like best. Confidence is more important than anything when it comes to style.

19. AlyssWonderland

The things I go by pretty much:
    Unique is good. Thrifting is amazing. No plaid + stripes. No corduroy skirts. Never ever real fur. Band tee shirts and skinnies never fail. Anything artistic, too. :slight_smile:

20. Ben

Ben

Charity shops ftw!
    I let myself define myself, not what I wear. And clothes come with preconceptions.
    And they're expensive.

(horizontal stripes are more slimming than vertical stripes)