1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Australian Election 2010

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Bevo, Jul 25, 2010.

?

Who will you vote vote for?

Poll closed Aug 29, 2010.
  1. Liberal Party of Australia

2 vote(s)
    20.0%
  2. Australian Labor Party

2 vote(s)
    20.0%
  3. National Party of Australia

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Australian Greens

8 vote(s)
    80.0%
  5. Christian Democratic Party

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Family First Party

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Australian Democrats

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Independent

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Bevo

The Australian election is coming up on 21 August. I'm watching the leaders debate now... So who will you be voting for?

Oh, and just a reminder for all you political animals to keep the discussion civil, let's have a balanced argument from all and not just the loudest and the angriest.

2. Pseudojim

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  3. Danielle

Danielle Guest

The Greens would have got my vote if I was old enough unless there happened to be an independent who was closer to my views then the greens are (very unlikely) I would vote for them.

My perference would have went to the ALP or the Democrats if they were still a chance of getting any seat but that won't happen.

4. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I live in a safe Labor seat so it won't mean much, but Greens. My mother told me yesterday not to vote, because she knows I won't vote Liberal and she can't handle the thought of me voting for anyone else. I don't plan to listen to her.

5. Lychee

I am glad that no one (out of the 6 people) is voting for the ALP. I really do not like their history...

6. Bang Bang

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey guys,

I'm not from Australia, so I haven't looked into the parties running and whatnot. But I noticed that a few posters above won't vote for certain parties because of their attitude towards LGBT people/issues.

I just wanted to say that you should also look into the other agendas proposed by the parties. I mean, sure they may not like LGBT people, but what are their plans for taxes and such? I understand that equality and gay rights is important to many of you, it is very important to me, but when voting for a party, you should always look at everything they have proposed, not just one specific thing.

I'm not finger pointing or anything, I was just suggesting an idea. I'm very interested in politics and I would hate to see my Australian friends not live peacefully and happily.

Happy voting! :grin:

7. Danielle

Danielle Guest

I would vote for the Greens not because of the their same sex marriage policy. I would vote for them because of their policies on asylum seekers, climate changes and their economic platform.

8. Pseudojim

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    agreed. Social progression with sound economy.

9. zoeee

oh you people've showed me once more why i love australians :wink: green's the way!

10. dude99

dude99 Guest

I dont really like Liberal or Labor yet vote for Liberal. I voted for Labor in last election but not bothered voting for them this time around. I have even voted for Greens too before yet have not been happy with some of the things they did in my local area and thats why I wont vote for them either, yet happy about the Greens about pro gay marriage and no interent filter.

#10 dude99, Aug 3, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 3, 2010