1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

21st b-day in the states

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by AS1989, Jul 25, 2010.

1. AS1989

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I was just wondering what everyone did (or has planned) for their 21st birthday. I'm just hoping I could get some ideas from this for my own birthday which is in a week

2. paco

paco Guest

ahh mine is on a friday! (i've known this since my 19th birthday lol)

which means gay bar hopping and clubbing with my friends who will come down from college for the weekend (one of whom is like 10 days older than me, so perfect). and then at some point we'll go to vegas, though we may wait for summer to start.

and on that night i will take all the free drinks i can get lol even from strangers (so long as the bartender is the only one that has actually touched it haha)

i may do the 21/21 thing, but i'll have to work my tolerance back up for that first haha

3. starfish

I had a nice quite 21st birthday. Me and my best friend went to a nice steakhouse and had a beer and steak. In my opinion must more enjoyable than getting drunk off your ass.

4. theJosephDean

:thumbsup:

Well, I still have two years to plan something out. I'm sure it will be orchestrated to be MLIA-worthy.

5. EWU2012

My 21st is wednesday and I am just going to go bar hoping to the 4 bars in my town. Its fairly small since its a college town. I have a few friends who will take me out. I was going to also do the 21 shot thing but I think I would like to remember my 21st. haha I over did it friday night by drinking 3/4 of a half gallon of 100 proof vodka and had my 2nd ever black out and not wanting to do that again. Luckly the bars are walking distance from my house we none of us have to drive. So I would just saw go to different bars because at least here in my town they all have some kind of special for peoples 21st birthdays.

6. Black Cat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Everyone around here goes out and gets shit-faced. I can't see the appeal, but it is something of a tradition for the farmers to take their children out for (what the parents think anyway) is their child's first time drinking. Last year one guy came into the bar where my mom works and got so sick he died. His father tried to get him to do the 21 shots game and it just didn’t work out I guess.

Personally I prefer to spend my birthdays at home with good food, cake, presents, and the like. Once I make some more friends I'll probably spend it with them.

7. Walolas

I can tell you what I'm not doing and that is going out and getting plastered. I've got an addictive personality and I don't need to get hooked on beer. I'm already slightly addicted to caffine and soda. lol

8. Cameron17

My 21st is in October and I plan on just going out with friends for a night out (maybe hitting some gay bars depending on my out status!) and then a meal with the family. So basically the best of both perviously mentioned :slight_smile:

But if ur looking for some more ideas maybe you could have a themed outing where you all dress up costume or have everyone in black and you go in colour, or go somewhere a bit different to your normal places or you could invite everyone on your facebook that you might not normally consider :wink:

9. RaRa

One word, VEGAS.

10. SlickyPants

On my 21st birthday my family and I went out for Italian food and then I got dropped off at a Chinese restaurant to have a few drinks with some co-workers. For some reason the Chinese restaurant is the watering-hole of choice for co-workers. Mostly 'cause the drinks are cheap I guess. What was supposed to be a few drinks turned into the craziest night I've had... Random strangers were buying me drinks, the bartender gave me a few freebies, my co-workers bought me a few. It was kind of fun at the time but I am sort of disgusted at how much alcohol I consumed. I ended up puking in the toilet and eventually rolled down the window and puked all over the side of the cab on the way home. Never again! I don't normally binge drink but that night is one exception. Whatever happens on your 21st, play it safe and plan it so you have a way home (D.D., bus, cab) or a place to stay for the night.

11. chrisg

I went to a bar at midnight on my 21st for a "Power Hour," then, the evening of my 21st (starting around 6), my friends and I went on a good old-fashioned bar crawl. Got pretty drunk but had a lot of fun, and the best part was that I was surrounded by awesome people. (I didn't even ATTEMPT the 21-shot deal... wouldn't recommend it.)

12. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    >>>and then at some point we'll go to vegas, though we may wait for summer to start.

For the love of God, do NOT go to Vegas in the summer. It's MUCH more bearable any other time of the year. :slight_smile:

Me? It was tough, because I was the first one of my group of friends to hit 21, and so none of them (without fake IDs) could take me out. We did go to an all-ages jazz club that served alcohol, and I ordered a drink just so I could get that out of the way. But the music was fantastic, and I had a great time with my friends.

Lex

13. Walolas

hmm.... I might have figured out what I'm gonna do for my 21st.... How is Vegas in January and how much money should I prepare to lose down there? =)

14. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Vegas is....well, pleasant in January, especially compared to Mass. :slight_smile: And how much should you prepare to lose? As much as you feel you can. Pick an amount - $20, $50, $100 - that you feel you can afford to lose, and make that your gambling budget. Once that money is gone, you're done gambling for the trip. But make sure you set aside money to go see shows and stuff!

Lex

15. otc877

otc877 Guest

^^

I'm one of the last of my friends to turn 21 so we're planning a Vegas trip.

16. Filip

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, I'm in Europe, so we can drink from way before 21 anyways.

But I'm also in favour of not going overboard with the alcohol. Alcohol is pretty overrated. Good for a glass, but all of those "crazy" stories you hear are usually only somewhat funny in retrospect, not when you are puking over the toilet...

For my 18th birthday (which is probably closest in siginificance to an American 21st birthday), I just invited some friends over and had a big BBQ in the garden. Afterwards we just kept talking and talking until the next day came along. So that would be my advice as well: get some friends, do something you enjoy doing, and nothing else is really necessary.

(Then again, if I lived close to Vegas, I might have done that instead :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:)