1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is "Pride" (the event) like?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by blankpaper, Jul 26, 2010.

1. blankpaper

Like Boston Pride (or any city)? I've never been, I know that there are parades and I think concerts and such but I just wanted to get more info. I know that Boston pride is past but I just wanted to know what it's like. Thanks:icon_bigg

2. kettleoffish

the one pride I've been to (Glasgow) had a parade (which I missed) then live music and some stalls selling stuff in a big square in the middle of town. It's not that huge an even here though so I'm sure there's much more going on in more 'gay' cities.

3. Walolas

I almost went to one, and I think it was supposed to be the boston one but I'm not sure, to support a family friend who is transgender but at the time I was still coming to terms with myself and didn't want anyones "gaydar" to pick me out and start talking to me, regardless of how stupid that sounds.

Anyway from what I heard from my mom and the family friend they walked around a lot but there did seem to have other events that entertained them after the parade but they really didn't go into detail.