1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Talking About Women

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by davo-man, Sep 17, 2007.

1. davo-man

I was just wondering if the gay men out there find it difficult to talk to their straight male friends about women the straight guys find hot? What I mean is that my friends (who know I'm gay) often discuss whether a celebrity or someone in the year level is hot, and I was just wondering what your reactions to these kinds of conversations are?

I usually partake in the conversation, because, while I find males sexually and emotionally attractive, Im also able to, hmmm how shall I put this, appreciate a woman's appearance. So I don't find it awkward at all. I guess the awkwardness would be me talking about a guy that way in front of them (esp seeing some of the conversations would be about them). I often talk about it with my straight female friends, but i think it would be WAY awkward to discuss that with my straight friends, but i dunno. Maybe your friends are a lot more comfortable.

btw, i know i used gender specific terms above, but just cos I was thinking about my specific situation, so girls, please contribute about your experiences talking about hot men/women in the company of straight women.

2. haha! i know how you feel! my roommate is constantly talking about how hot a girl is, etc and all my guy friends did! i just laugh, point out hot guys to my girl friend and just joke! its kinda fun. i guess it depends alot on your friends humor, but keeping it lite works best for me! :slight_smile: they are your friends, just have good clean fun! XD

3. sngl

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My best friend who is a straight male and is the only person who knows that I'm gay talks about girls he finds hot/attractive pretty often. And as davo-man pointed out, even though I'm not physically attracted to women, I can still judge (to some extent) their looks. So it's not bothering me at all! I also told him about a guy I really like (and he knows him too) and he was totally cool with it :eusa_danc So it looks like my coming out turned out the best way it possibly could and I feel really lucky to have a friend like him :icon_bigg

And, because I've lived my whole life "acting straight", I don't really have a problem talking to other people about women, either (except the fact that since I came out I don't feel "obliged" anymore to sustain this false image of me). But it's all right in the end, i guess :slight_smile:

4. Psych!

Psych! Guest

Yeah, same happens to me...

But I can say a girl is pretty, or know she's attractive. But that's all. No attraction for me at all.

Yeah, I do feel kind of uncomfortable, but sometimes, when they get more "into" the subject...

If you know what I mean.

5. Tom

Tom Guest

lukily with comin out when i was 12 i never have 2 have those conversations woo! i still am pulled into em tho seein as most women tell me there cup sizes randomly and there chest, waist and arse inches aswell wich they all want to know if shes gd lookin, i just have a play, tell em some things and not the ones the woman really wudn't want me to tell a load of horny teen guys but yeh the ask me hu i like just as often as anyone else and if its one of them then i just say hu it is and seein as they r 100% comfy around me they just have a laf and the guy i named takes it more as a compliment more thn anythin. he mite even come and sit on me and say "giv us a snog darlin" and pucker up, i just have 2 laf at this and then say w8 ive changed me mind and pick a new guy lol

6. Grof142007

No Problem for me I tend to love to point how good looking women and i can clearly point out girls i would date if i was str8

7. SpikySpice

Well, I think Im 90 percent gay so yeah, talking bout other girls and women are easy fo rme

I stilll love their appearnaces, i can still judge them becuz i still have some physical attract to their bodies, but it's boring sometiems tho, like when they talk bout their....um...breast and stuffs lol

But i like to talk about their long hairs, face, eyes, clothes, and their high heels :grin:

8. crimsonarcher

well, most of the guys i talk to are straight, and when they do talk about girls, i just stand there....it's very awkward.

9. Whenever I'm around guys talking about "hot women", I just don't feel the need to deceive others or myself with false assertions of heterosexuality. Perhaps it's my own quiet little way of letting others know that I'm not interested in the opposite gender. So instead I just sit there, contribute nothing to the conversation, and feel awkward like crimsonarcher.

But if I'm directly asked if I find some woman attractive, I usually just mumble some answer and that seems to be acceptable to the guys that I talk to.

10. Torey

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm with Godiva on that. I just go along with it a little, but not over the top. "Yeah, she's pretty"...if the subject doesn't change quickly, I usually get up and get a drink or something and let them have the conversation until the subject does change. lol

11. TeeBe

Being as close with my friends as I am, I can play along. We can have fun! Besids, my female friends are open enough to take a look at the girls as well as the guys (especially when I am around...). I have no problem checking out a guy. Hells, I spent half of my life doing so! My male friends are just as open, and have no issue admitting when a guy is good looking. I have to admit though, I have a rather different taste in girls from most of my male friends.

12. SpikySpice

i dont have to talk bout girls to no one, i can talk to myself, like when a sexy girl passed me by on the hallway

13. gabriel1

gabriel1 Guest

isn't it though. I just kind of look uncomfortable and look around.

14. Zec24

I just don't really join in in my friends' conversations about good looking guys. I can tell when a guy is good looking though, but I'm not attracted to them. I have been singled out at times to give names of guys I find attractive when I'm with friends who don't know about me (they seem to think I never give any input, hmm I wonder why), but I'll just shrug it off or play along and give a name. Maybe someday I'll just give a girls name?

On the flip side, I find it awkward to talk to the 2 friends who know about me about girls I like/find attractive. It just seems odd to me, but they are both open-minded and generally agree with me.

15. xequar

If my friends are talking about some hot girl, I'll look for a hot guy and then make sure to point him out. The reaction is well worth it (and I'm completely out, too).

16. step49x

As long as they're just talking about general stuff, I don't usually mind. I usually hear more talk about how girls are confusing/frustrating, than anything else. As I really don't understand the inner workings of the female mind any more than my straight friends do, it's usually not that bad.

If someone were to ask me directly what I thought about girls, or who I liked, etc. (and they didn't know I was gay), I'd usually just try to shrug it off or avoid giving any definitive answers.

17. Revealed

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I'm the same as TeeBee on this one. I can appreciate when a guy is good looking, but I have absoloutely no attraction to them whatsoever.

I used to feel uncomfortable when my friends would check out guys & ask what I thought about them. The girls I used to work with are very ....straight...so they were the one's constantly talking about guys. I honestly never really knew what to say, so I'd just agree with whatever they said & would be like "Yeah, he's cute" or something along those lines. I really used to hate it when they asked me what type of guy I was looking for, or if I'd found anyone, etc. For some reason I'm most scared of them finding out because remembering what they were like (very 'cliqeuy') I don't know if they would gossip about it to everyone. So I tried very hard not to give them any other ideas about me.

I still feel wierd when people ask me about boys. I've only told a few people, so the majority are still assuming I'm straight. My friends that know are ok with me checking out girls though. And several of them don't mind looking at other chicks too, even though none of my other friends are gay or bi.

But I do hate lying to the others & faking interest in guys when there clearly is no interest at all. It's just something I'll live with until I come out to everyone I guess.

18. Jeimuzu

I change the topic to hot guys. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

19. sblvd06

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    In high school, whenever I was in a conversation with a group of straight guys and the subject suddenly turned to hot women, my heart would drop. I knew I could never say a woman was hot and have it sound genuine. I remember one time a friend of mine asked me to rate a picture of Kristin Kreuk where all she was wearing was a towel. I was freaking out. All I kept saying was, "I don't know... What does it matter what I think. If you like her that's fine." He kept saying, "Just tell me what you think. I won't get mad at you." So I gave him a number that was pretty close to ten and that was that. If he had shown me a picture of Tom Welling with nothing but a towel I would have said, "10. Hands down." :grin:

20. Kimi

I don't really have problems if they were talking about how hot the girl is or anything like that but I do have problems if they were talking about how good their girlfriend is...in the bed.

Seriously, but straight guys love to talk about sex with their girlfriend, not all of them but about 75% straight guys love that, which I found very awkward...I mean, I don't have problem with talking about sex but I don't think it's ok to tell others what you and her did in the bed.

Especially, when I and her are good friend it's just not great:eusa_naug

OK, today, my friend(straight) and I were talking about how hot Brad Pit is:lol: