1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Fishes =D

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by bvtsjm116, Sep 17, 2007.

1. bvtsjm116

bvtsjm116 Guest

Check out the new pics I put in my gallery of my fishes =D I have a 12 gallon saltwater tank. (I hope this is in the right spot it seemed like the best section to post it in)

2. Kibuki kid

Thats cool! Just make sure your cat keeps its paws to itself...the shrimp looks really nice, but the clown fish is so cloourful and bright!

3. bvtsjm116

bvtsjm116 Guest

hehe, Its closed up so the cat cannot get it ^^ :grin:

4. Kibuki kid

So dont you need lots of saltwater to maintain the fish? My fish always died.

5. Level N Human

I like the shrimp. ^^ If i had a shrimp, I'd name it Claus.

Did you know that there is a species of shrimp that can club things with its claws faster than the speed of a bullet? It uses it to crack crab shells and stuff. The tiny thing will literally shatter glass bottles

Also there is another species of shrimp that will snap its pincers together so quickly that the force or mini-sonicboom generated is enough to knock fish out. I think it also creates, for a fraction of a second, an immensely heated bubble.

Have you ever seen a shrimp run? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMO8Pyi3UpY&mode=related&search=

6. bvtsjm116

bvtsjm116 Guest

Yes you need a lot of saltwater but its only a 12 gallon tank. I don't know what you mean? We buy the premade saltwater so we know we won't screw it up... cause its not THAT much money =P (and when I refer to we I mean me and my dad cause my dad helps take care of it too...) so... yea... its not all that hard with a little practice. I usually have more problems with the coral than the fish...

7. Kibuki kid

Shrimp officially take the top shelfish category in my mind. *note to self " buy living shrimp"*

8. Kibuki kid

My fresh water fish always died for some reason. MY cousin over fed one set and the others "mysteriously" died..

9. bvtsjm116

bvtsjm116 Guest

I dunno if you had them or not, but if you didn't you need a filter and a big enough tank for them. Also make sure to change the water and it should be fine! lol,

10. bvtsjm116

bvtsjm116 Guest

I love my shrimp =D I stick my hand in to arrange the coral and he jumps on it and it tickles :grin:

11. young92

haha...u have the whole finding nemo crew in their

12. bvtsjm116

bvtsjm116 Guest

hehe, yea... and its kinda embarrassing when my mom is at the fish store she'll call the clownfish nemos and the blue tangs doris ._. so the people probably think we have no clue what we are doing and the fish will be dead in a few hours... xD But the finding nemo fish are the cool fish :wink:

13. young92

i wanted those fish...but my parents said no :frowning2:
    cuz my goldfishes kept dying
    haha

14. bvtsjm116

bvtsjm116 Guest

LOL! They are much much harder than goldfish :wink: but not too bad... plus they are expensive ._. so if they die its a bigger deal...

lol, I've had fish like forever now :confused: that tank is actually a year and a month old but I just redid everything so it looks good compared to how ugly it was a few days ago :wink:

15. young92

haha yea...my parents said they were too expensive
    and they thought it would be a waste
    since i would probably kill it
    but we got this cheap siamese fighter fish and its still alive :]

16. bvtsjm116

bvtsjm116 Guest

=P start with freshwater... (I probably sound like some crazy fish guy :wink:)

17. SpikySpice

Omg they look really nice and beautiful. One reason that I love tropical fish is cuz they have cool colors and shapes,

Igot a fish tank with some gold fish, they are many color too but not as cool as urs, and they die so easy

18. young92

haha its okay :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

19. bvtsjm116

bvtsjm116 Guest

If you want some advice, I'd get less goldfish. when I first started and had goldfish I had like a 1 or 2 gallon tank with goldfish in it. I put like 3-4 small ones in there and they all die. I think you should probably only keep like 1 or 2. I've never had luck with more than one. I've had one that I had for like 3 years, a regular feeder goldfish. It even survived a move to a new state ^^

Just make sure to get a filter, and clean it, and feed them the right amount and make sure it is not too crowded ^^

20. SpikySpice

thnx yeah i clean my filter everyday, and i bought a fishm the one taht gose around and clean up stuffs too, but that one barely survive, i have bought like 4 times now

I have a blind fish, at 1st i bought it i didnt notice it had only 1 eye, because it was kinda small and black, this type of fish is cool, cuz their eyes are big. But then after a month, the other eye is gone! Didnt know what happened, i thought other fish bit it off lol,

yeah so it has to eat the food at the bottom of the tank, i have to smash teh food inoto little pieces so tehy can sink down to teh bottom

and i think i put too much decoration in there, i took out some cuz a fish got stuck and dead