1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tattoooo Help

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Z3ni, Aug 11, 2010.

1. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

Hey for the peopel who has tattoos.. how long did it take you to decide on what to have??

I want one on my shoulder blade area but.. well.. I designed one but, then I thought nah, then again another one. If it can be removed cleanly off then I wouldn't be so picky though.

2. Rikudo

Well I planned on mine for several years. If you can check with the shop to see if they have like a nonpermanent tattoo that way you can try on the tattoo and wear it for awhile to see if you like it. I'm planning on doing this because I can't decide on where exactly I want my next tattoo to be.

3. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

Several...years? lol ok Im not going to plan it that long. thx for the comment though :grin:

4. Rikudo

Oh lol it's cause I was a minor remember I'm only 18. But I guess a couple of months or weeks is what I expect now. But like I said go see if they have the temporary tattoo cause remember that shit is permanent!

5. Meropspusillus

I've been planning mine since I came to college, I plan to get it sometime after January.

6. Zumbro

In general you should choose a design, then wait at least 6 months or so before getting the tattoo (if it's your first). It may seem like a cool idea now, but our minds change pretty easily. If, after a rather extended period of time, you still want the tattoo, then go for it. If you get it too early and decide you don't like it, you've either got a tattoo you don't want or an expensive surgery. 6 months isn't too long to wait for a lifelong change.

From experience, I was really excited and going to get a tattoo on my arm, and waited for a while. About 3 or 4 months in, I realized that the reasons I wanted it weren't good enough for me, and now live happily without it.

7. blankpaper

A teacher at my high school who has a ton of tattoos said that he reccomends that someone take a picture of whatever they are going to get a tattoo of and stick it somewhere where they have to look at it every day. After 6 months - 1 year if your not sick of seeing it everyday than get the tattoo!!

8. EWU2012

When I got my first tattoo which was a Leo/Tribal design for my 18th birthday I only researched for a couple weeks. Now that I have had it for 3 years I can't say that I regret getting it but I wish I would have waited longer because I probably would have chose a different design. For my second tattoo I got my last name on my leg but at the time I didnt speak up about the location. Now I wish it would have been lower because when I wear shorts it covers the first two letters and there is plenty of space to have lowered it. Those were the only problems if you want to call them that with my tattoos. When I got my third I always knew I wanted a dragon and it was a total random thing on my 20th birthday to get but it turned out amazing and I have no regrets. So the one I had no intention of getting is my favorite. Not sure if that helped much but I do agree that it is a good idea to wait on getting one. Make sure it is truely what you want. Oh and my biggest advice would have to be to NOT get a partners name tattooed on you!!! Worst possible decision ever!!!

9. the ry guy

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Lol what he said (guy before me, what you want but my only advice would be to also try and think ahead). Like I always wanted one, so when I turned 18 i went and got a tribal sleeve on my right arm which then branches out and turns into wings on my right shoulder blade. which was cool at the time but i wish i had left some room for something else too. cause i got a "fallen not forgotten" tat on my left upper arm, the 1st cav div patch on the inside of my arm, the soldiers creed on my left forearm, and then a flame sleeve that just fills the gaps. and it just looks so much more in depth cause there's more to look at, where as my right its like oh tribal whatever its not bad but it's nothing special (wish i had room for something else) so a little planning goes a long way, don't rush into it, if it takes a while to think it over so be it.

time it took to get decide what i wanted on my right arm: 1 day (kinda regret it)
    time it took to fill up my left arm: 5 years (very satisfied)

#9 the ry guy, Aug 12, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2010