1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Money Obsession Survey (Please) :)=]

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by SpikySpice, Sep 20, 2007.

?

Are You Obsessed over Money?

1. Yes

50.0%
  2. No

50.0%
  1. SpikySpice

Today in my English class, teh teacher asked us to do a survey about who is obseesed over money than who( the teenagers or adults)
    So my class had to came up with these 5 questions that I have to ask 5 teenagers and 5 adult, and I need to turn thE results on next Monday :slight_smile:

I also post a poll here, and will count the result =]

1/ Do you think money is the most important thing in this world? Yes/No:slight_smile:

2/ From scale 0 to 10, how often you go shopping?:slight_smile:

3/ Do you classify yourself as low, middle, or upper class( hmmm, well if you dont wnat to answer, that's fine):slight_smile:

4/ If you got $500, are you gonna pay your bill, or to buy something for fun? Why?:slight_smile:

5/ Is it important to save money? Explain:slight_smile:

Well, the class agreed that we have to ask the same questions so theer they are:icon_bigg

I dont know many adults at school or near my house lol, and they are busy all teh time, and my friends dont wanan answer any survey and i guess this could be a topic to discuss on here too:slight_smile:

Thank You, Spiky:slight_smile:

2. Re: Mney Obsession Survey (Please) :slight_smile:=]

:slight_smile: i dont know if im a teen or adult, or both, but here goes:
    1. Money is not the most important thing in the world, imo.
    2. 7, but it might be for something simple like *cough* $200 pair of pants *cough* XD. nah, just food really.
    3. im low class, but my family is lower middle-middle.
    4. Pay part of bill and save the rest. or go buy $200 pair pants! i need those pants!
    5. I think saving money is a good iea, especially if you have no real need of anything. If there are bills or food expences, survival needs, then spend that. However, i do small shopping sprees, especially if i have a bad day or week. it helps sometimes. i only spend about $10-40 a week outside of food.

Hope this helps! good luck!

3. Ilayis

Ilayis Guest

Re: Mney Obsession Survey (Please) :slight_smile:=]

1/ Do you think money is the most important thing in this world? No

2/ From scale 0 to 10, how often you go shopping?2

3/ Do you classify yourself as low, middle, or upper class( hmmm, well if you dont wnat to answer, that's fine) low

4/ If you got $500, are you gonna pay your bill, or to buy something for fun? Why?bills,gotta be responsible

5/ Is it important to save money? Explain:Yes,I think that is one of the ways you can advance in life,and it IS an important one.If you want a house,car,or to do something adventurous,that's what you need to do!

4. 24601

No, I think, just like many things (love, friendships, liking your job, etc.), money is a tool to accomplish a happiness. It's not the only thing, and shouldn't be all-consuming, but I'm not going to go out and deny that our society runs on money - because in a lot of aspects, it does.

3 - a lot less than I'd like to, though.

Middle or Upper-Middle. My dad is a smart investor and makes a fair bit of money, but we don't spend much, and invest as much as we can.

Pay my bill - necessities come first.

Definitely. Saving money is planning for the future - you never know what life will throw at you, but you can always be prepared.

As for the poll, I voted no. I don't think my above statements classify me as "obsessed," although my tastes are a bit expensive.

5. Bryan

1/ Do you think money is the most important thing in this world? Yes/No

Yes, money makes the world go round, but seiorusly, with out money, there would be no innovation, and we would still be in the dark ages.

2/ From scale 0 to 10, how often you go shopping?

3/ Do you classify yourself as low, middle, or upper class( hmmm, well if you dont wnat to answer, that's fine)

Upper, but dont spend like it.

4/ If you got $500, are you gonna pay your bill, or to buy something for fun? Why?

pay the bill, gotta keep good credit

5/ Is it important to save money? Explain

Yeah, saving money is important, because everyone needs a safety net.

good luck with your survey :thumbsup:

6. JayHew

In Loving Memory Regular Member

Answer: No, absolutely not.

Answer: 4

3/ Do you classify yourself as low, middle, or upper class( hmmm, well if you dont wnat to answer, that's fine)

Answer: Middle class

4/ If you got $500, are you gonna pay your bill, or to buy something for fun? Why?

Answer: pay the bills, debt is not a good thing.

Answer: Yes it is important, never know when there will be a rainy day and it is needed, also saving for your retirement is an important thing in order to have a good standard of living then. Having the money saved for important or needed things also takes a lot of stress out of your life. Being as debt free as possible makes life much easier.

Good survey.

7. Kenko

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people

I'm 22 so I guess I might be an adult.

1/ Do you think money is the most important thing in this world? Yes/No:slight_smile:

No, however it is important and I'm very careful with money, but I think that having a job you love and enjoying life is much more important than making big bucks.

2/ From scale 0 to 10, how often you go shopping?:slight_smile:

How do you define this? I go grocery shopping weekly, but for other stuff... maybe once twice a month.

3/ Do you classify yourself as low, middle, or upper class( hmmm, well if you dont wnat to answer, that's fine):slight_smile:

Right now I'm a student, so my income says "low class", but my parents are middle/upper. When I graduate I should be poised for middle/upper.

4/ If you got $500, are you gonna pay your bill, or to buy something for fun? Why?:slight_smile:

Pay the bill because if you don't pay it, it's not going to go away, it will get worse. You can buy "something fun" later. Paying bills off to me is most important (and minimizing bills in the first place), and then I try to save as much as I can for school. I do treat myself every once in a while, but nothing major, and not too often.

5/ Is it important to save money? Explain:slight_smile:

Saving money is important, especially with a goal. For me right now saving money for school is very important because I want to avoid student loans. Avoiding debt means more financial freedom when I graduate.

Most loans are bad deals for the customer. You end up spending much more than the actual price since there's interest, and you're tied to the loan. By saving for it you will end up spending less, and can reward yourself with it, since it isn't an impulse. And if it's something like a car, and you're laid off, since the car is already paid for, you won't have to worry about where the money for the next car payment will come from. Other goals may include: saving for a house, early retirement, boat, plane, trip, etc.

Keeping some savings as an emergency fund is important in case you have, well, an emergency. You never know when you might be laid off from your job and having some savings can keep you on your feet until you get a new job. Other emergencies would include needing major repairs on the house, major car repairs, family death requiring last minute traveling, illness, etc. As well if you're saving that means your expenses are lower than your income, so if some of your expenses increase, or your pay decreases, it's not a life or death situation. A lot of people are teetering at that point where a lost job, unexpected child, increase in mortgage rates, gas prices, etc. means financial disaster.

While I'm careful with money, I do try to enjoy it, but I also try not to waste it. Why pay more for something i could get for less?

8. Jerr

As much as I like money and would probably whore myself out to any individual of any age for the right amount... I don't consider myself obsessed.

9. gabriel1

gabriel1 Guest

1- NO
    2-3
    3-middle
    4-If I had a bill to pay, I would pay that, otherwise I would bank it.
    5-Yes- You need to have savings of at the very least, enough to live on for 6-9 months in case of emergency, and saving for retirement is important and easier to do when you start at a younger age than older, the cost of living never goes down.

10. Kat22

1) Do you think money is the most important thing in this world? Yes/No

Not at all! What good is money if you don't have love or happiness?

2) From scale 0 to 10, how often you go shopping?

If you count groceries and house supplies it's about a 7, but if you mean for clothes or non-necessary items, it's about a 1.

3) Do you classify yourself as low, middle, or upper class( hmmm, well if you dont wnat to answer, that's fine)

If you include me in my family, upperclass, but me by myself (as I am right now) I am lower class.

4) If you got $500, are you gonna pay your bill, or to buy something for fun? Why?

Pay bills! Relieving that stress will allow me to have way more fun than whatever I would buy with it!

5) Is it important to save money? Explain

YES! Money is a big stress in most peoples' lives, better to have some saved in case of an emergency than to live day by day "just getting by."

11. neverover

1) yes
    2) 7
    3) between low and middle
    4) pay bill, save the rest
    5) im obsessed with money, but im more obsessed to save them. i better buy a laptop rather than a year full of shopping days. i ask my mum for those (i luv to go to shopping....with my parents card:slight_smile:)
    btw, ur essay is so easy. last year, i have to interviewed a refugee. now, i have to counts actual mars speed on rotating the sun with the real digits of mars mass and gravity on thu.

12. Jeimuzu

1. Money = Freedom to do as you please. Freedom to do as you please = life.
    2. Shopping for food, every time I fancy anything. I like excuses to go for a walk. Other stuff... once a month, at the moment. I'll give myself a 4.
    3. Middle, according to the Jimmy Carr scale (he made a joke about middle class people, and said "If you get that joke, you're middle class too.")
    4. I'd stick it in my bank, spend it slowly. I don't buy things just for fun very often, but I don't have impending bills either. If I did have a bill that equated to that exact amount, I'd pay it.
    5. Yes. You have no idea when you're gonna have problems. Don't just stick everything in your bank and become a stingy old scrooge like my dad, but just keep something put away in case of rainy days. My mate kept telling me "You've got loads of money, go on, buy that guitar, it looks ace!" But now I'm having some issues regarding when I'll get next year's funding. However, I've still got a few hundred stacked away, and I'll be fine for quite a while.

As for the obsession thing, no. It's useful, but I don't spend all my time worrying about it.

13. Louise

1/ Do you think money is the most important thing in this world? No but it is important as a means to an end.

2/ From scale 0 to 10, how often you go shopping? 2 : as little a possible.

3/ Do you classify yourself as low, middle, or upper class( hmmm, well if you dont wnat to answer, that's fine) middle

4/ If you got $500, are you gonna pay your bill, or to buy something for fun? pay a bill Why? otherwise it just hangs over you getting bigger and bigger, you are a slave to your unpaid bills.

5/ Is it important to save money? Yes, saving money allows you to realise your dreams, gives you freedom to be independant, helps give you discipline/self control/self restaint... so that you can realise your dreams, see the pattern? :slight_smile:

14. Phantomblade

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    1. no. money is only a means to get some of the things that are important. but there are other ways to get things than money (no i dont mean stealing, i mean if i want a watermelon i could A. go to the store and buy one or B. thought ahead and planted watermelons in my garden)
    2. 3? i guess
    3.my family is classified as upperclass
    4. i would pay of my debts becouse i hate owing money to anyone
    5. yes it is important to save money,becouse you never know what may happen.

15. SpikySpice

Yay, thank you so much everyone for your time (*hug*)

and Jerr didnt count cuz he didnt answer my quests lol u.u

16. BILL9854

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    1) No it's not the most important thing in the world, but the fact remains that you can't really live without it, which makes it an issue
    2) 1, barely ever go shopping cos I can't usually afford it lol
    3) Middle
    4) Pay a bill
    5) Yep, unexpected accidents can always happen, or sometimes even good things like if you suddenly get invited to lots of events in one month which you usually wouldn't be able to afford without having put some money aside... it happened to me recently.

I only obsess over money at the moment because I'm trying to save to go travelling, and saving money isn't really my strong point, I always manage to overspend on nights out :S

17. Tom

Tom Guest

1/ Do you think money is the most important thing in this world? No:slight_smile:

2/ From scale 0 to 10, how often you go shopping? erm 2

3/ Do you classify yourself as low, middle, or upper class( hmmm, well if you dont wnat to answer, that's fine) middle

4/ If you got $500, are you gonna pay your bill, or to buy something for fun? fun, depends if i worked for it or won it tho Why? because its ectra cash tht id wana spend how i wanted, unless i was in maor debt

5/ Is it important to save money? yes! i have a car and goin to uni next year and movin out of home so i need alot of cash to be able 2 do tht and not be in 2much debt

18. Jamie

Drammen, Norway (from England originally).
    I guess I am obsessed with money, only in so much as I like night's out, nights in and the nice things in life and unless you're a good con man... they aren't going to come for free. In fact I currently work 1 full time job and 2 part time jobs to life the lifestyle I want.

1/ Do you think money is the most important thing in this world? Hell No, but it ranks up there unfortunately. Without money, you're likely to die and all.

2/ From scale 0 to 10, how often you go shopping? 8 umm pretty much every day if you count getting the essentials, deodorant, food, etc. Treating myself, buying clothes, etc probs once a month if that often.

3/ Do you classify yourself as low, middle, or upper class? Middle Class

4/ If you got $500, are you gonna pay your bill, or to buy something for fun? Why? Pay a bill first.. and then treat myself with what ever's left over. At the end of the day the bill is going to have to be paid anyway.

5/ Is it important to save money? Explain - YES YES YES... the average Brit at the moment has debt instead of savings. At the end of the day end up borrowing money and you're going to be paying a lot more than if you were just to save up in the first place. Yes it is hard to save and you cannot know what may take your fancy a year or so down the road, but get in the habit of regular saving and it's more than likely you won't have to borrow as much, if at all.

Oh and yes Emergencies do happen, you may get sick, or have an accident stopping you from working. In which case you might need some extra cash to get you by until you can go back to work.

19. suburbs_of_sodom

Northern Virginia...neither here nor there

No. Who would say yes to that?

7, I go about twice a month and spend about $40 each time, but I work a lot so I can usually afford it if I manage everything correctly.

Middle to middle-upper, my dad makes a pretty decent living, but there are 6 of us, but my parents were EXTREMELY smart in buying our house, so it all evens out.

Save enough for gas until my next payday, but then use the rest for something fun.

Definitely, it's always important to keep a safety cushion of savings because you really never know when you might need it. Or, if you're saving up for something, it's better to wait for that one really cool thing than squander it pointlessly.

20. cutegayjessie

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    1) yes i love money

2)7 for new jewlery, hats and shoes =D

3) low class

4) buy something fun :grin:

5) when i get money its gone in 5 minutes lol