1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The "Happy Christmas" thread

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by TriBi, Dec 24, 2005.

1. TriBi

Well, I'm surprised no one else has done this - but I thought I'd like to wish all the guys and gals here the very best wishes for Christmas (or whatever you might celebrate at this time of year:slight_smile: ) and all the very best for 2006.

Feel free to add your own comments/wishes folks!

2. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

Yes - I don't know why we missed this! Happy Christmas everyone, and have a wonderful 2006.

In particular my thoughts are with those of you who are alone for Christmas.

3. Chaos

Happy Christmas and a Happy New Year! I hope everyone has a safe Holiday and enjoys themselves.

"Merry Everyone!" - Homer Simpson

4. Micah

Is the new thing this year to say 'Happy Christmas' instead of 'Merry Christmas'? I went to my family dinner and not a single person wished me a merry christmas, but instead, a happy christmas!

What is the world coming to? *shakes head*

Anyway, Merry Christmas to you all. :grin:

5. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

As long as people aren't wishing you an Awful Christmas, I wouldn't worry about it! :icon_razz

6. goratrix

Perhaps because christmas is the celebration of the birth of a 2005 years old carpenter, and the alledged founder of one of the bloodiest and most repressive religions... but that's nothing to worry about... let's just put up the red suit and give a few presents to the kids, who don't understand anything anyway... oh, wait, that sounded a little bit... consumist...

Sorry, christmas sucks...

Except this year... I spent friday night with my boyfriend (whose birthday is on the 24th), and then, after family dinner, at about 1am on the 25th some friends came home, and so did my boyfriend. We had an amazing time, and we spent all night playing in the swimmingpool.. :slight_smile: so... i'd say this year's christmas was the best one ever :slight_smile:

7. Micah

While Christmas is a celebration of the founding of religions, it has really become more than that. While most people think of presents and food, I have to go the more cliche opinion and say its a time for family and friends.

I say this because for the past 6 months, me and my family has *not* got along at all. I've constantly fought with my parents (in a typical 16 year old fashion) and haven't seen my siblings at all (my brothers have left home and my sister and I are hardly home at the same time).

But this christmas everything changed. My first brother came home from london for two weeks, my second brother has come over once per day, my sister and I are not only talking, but hanging out together, and my mum and I are getting along like old times.

So to me, christmas 2005 was about something more. I dont think I was mature enough to appreciate it for anything more than a present fest in previous years. But this year was different, it seemed special.

And Goratrix - I'm really happy you experienced an awesome christmas.

Dave