1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My older brother made me gay !

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by fragomatrick, Aug 22, 2010.

1. fragomatrick

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
  2. Just Adam

load of rubbish i dont believe your siblings make you gay... maybe environment can help nurture whats there but your born gay ...the idea that a brother acting a jerk can make you gay is stupid.

3. olides84

^ Aw, you're complaining about the snark of the article which I thought was hilarious. They didn't say your brother acting like a jerk makes you gay. The birth order effect of younger brothers being more likely to be (born) gay has been documented.

What's sad is that all of this is true for me compared to my older brother--I'm gay, a few inches shorter, less smart (but not by much), not sure about the sex thing but def am funnier and more sociable. I guess my one hope is to try to live longer than him :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

4. fragomatrick

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I was just kidding ... I know that he didn't make me gay... I didn't know what else to write there!

5. Just Adam

i totally ignored mentioning that stuff as it too is stupid. hight humour order of birth..its like a wives tale..im, fed up of reading that 1 in 4 sons would be gay, it can skip a generation etc....

being gay is like cancer.. it seems every week theres a new cause for it..... its terrible

i like men dunno why dont care i jsut do its nota big deal #;s

( by the way no offence comparing being gay to cancer i dont mean it in an emotional or good and bad way just in each week theres some new half assed explanation for it. )

6. Jeremy

I think I'm smarter than both of my older brothers (I know, totally conceited right? but seriously if you met them...), but I believe my oldest brother is smarter than my brother younger than him (and older than me). I'm definitely far more sociable than both my older brothers. I'm a heck of a lot shorter than both my brothers. I can't really say who will live longer because, well, none of us are dead yet. And yeah, I'm definitely gay (and they're not). Too bad though; I wish they could be gay, so I can make fun of them for it and ask them ridiculous questions like "how do you know?" and "when did you decide that?" >_> Meh... fists are pretty good conversationalists. Hehe

7. Just Adam

it was nothing against you thats just a title it sums up the article...its what got me intrigued..i don't really care what makes people gay yet was curious to see fi there was some actual reasoning ...

you did good...article did bad :S

such is life.

8. fragomatrick

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Everything in the article is true in my case! I called my brother immediately after reading the article, he has not sopped laughing since!

9. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    What an amount of shit....I know a brother who is the oldest of three and he's bi...the other two are completely straight >_>so what a huge amount of rubbish. The same with them being smarter, with them being taller, yada yada. All bullshit.

10. Shevanel

I love how everyone is disregarding the article because it's from Cracked. Listen to what Jeff said. IT HAS BEEN DOCUMENTED. This doesn't mean every fucking family with more than one son is going to have a gay youngest son, or whatever the fuck. It's just a tendency.

But a documented tendency. IT DOESNT HAPPEN IN EVERYONE. So chill out. The article ISNT bullshit.

11. Just Adam

im not disregarding it because its from cracked..i dont ever know what cracked is..... its not where i spend time...but i know thats a load of crap...theres no golden rules for life. and so what if its documented...i can write down in 20 years everyone on the planet will be gay and children will be made in test tubes...utter bullshit but hey its documented now so it must be true...

just cos people write crap down and other believe it dont make it true.

12. kem

kem

Oh wow, I didn't know I was that awesome, however, I'm the older brother and I'm gay... It seems exceptions apply.

13. Ben

Ben

I've got two older brothers xD

It's been seriously scientifically proposed and seems to (generally) suggest that boys with older brothers tend to be more likely gay~. Get a thousand pairs of brothers, and the chances of the younger one being gay should be higher, maybe because of hormonal stuff in the womb or whatever.

14. Just Adam

thats part coincidence part clever psychology...throw enough generic stuff out there and someones bound to match..its like these assholes on tv who can talk to the dead and go to an audience im getting a name its ...ssss ...umm stttt ...then someone shouts out steven and he goes yes its steven...then they pick something else generic people worry about like money and he brings that up or whatever and thats how these things work...

south park did a great episode on how these things work...

i dont mean to shit all over this if the outcome made you happy, i just dont like people being well duped into believing things.

---------- Post added 22nd Aug 2010 at 08:59 PM ----------

its that crack pot thinking that gave the 1 in 4 sons would be gay.. like women have only so much testosterone to give to babies and by the 4th its all used up so they just get oestrogen so they're all fem and gay..i dunno..its stupid even trying to reason it out...you can have a family and all the children are gay or none or 2 in 3 whatever...

do a national survey of this then ill see what it says ill be amazed if it came back with anything but inconclusive

15. Ben

Ben

Adam, lovely, I do get where you're coming from and I might agree with you otherwise. But the point that maybe we haven't made clear is that there has been at least one wide survey done which was anything but inconclusive, showing a substantial enough correlation between birth order and sexuality to suggest a link probably exists~.

16. x2x2x2x2y2

.........lol.......

17. Just Adam

south park is a valid response :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: haha

---------- Post added 22nd Aug 2010 at 10:13 PM ----------

hmm i may of mist that...i do find it hard to accept though :frowning2:...knowing my luck it is to do with limited testosterone supplies in females and giving birth they only have so much to pass on and they just run out and the kid ends up with a deficiency of it....then again is being gay linked to testosterone...

oh its annoying to think about lol ... my mother only had 1 kid and im well me... so i dunno... my gran had 4 sons none are gay, i have like 10 or so cousins and so far ive heard of none being gay...neither have i heard of any past relatives being gay..im like literally the only gay in this family...its insane.

maybe there is a correlation between birth order and being gay...but back to the article at hand i stand by that being a load of rubbish....height, whos smarter, whos funnier...

i dunno...i guess its down to what each person wants to believe in the end.

18. kettlkorn

correlation does not prove causality

19. x2x2x2x2y2

^Yup.

20. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Maybe the gay thing is true...but I just don't see the whole older brother being smarter >_> I know so many younger brothers who are smarter than their older brothers >_>