1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Neeed Heeeeeelp!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Z3ni, Aug 23, 2010.

1. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

Hey has anyone got any experience in T shirt printing or screen printing??

I have NO idea where to start

2. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    What are you looking to do? Do you want to make shirts to sell?

If it's small quantities of shirts, particularly multi-color, you probably want to just find a company that uses inkjet printing technology to print on the shirts. Zazzle and VistaPrint both offer very low volume custom printing of shirts. I've used both, and the printing quality is good and lasts well through lots of washings.

If it's a larger quantity (2-3 dozen or more) of the same design and it's only one or two colors, then screen printing is a viable choice. There are a lot of printers, probably some in your local town, that do screen printing. It is pricier in smaller quantities because it requires making a screen for each color, and printing each shirt once for each color used. It is also possible to do screen printing yourself without tremendous expense, but it's messy and takes some practice.

If you're doing a large number of shirts of the same design (120+) AND you're doing full color, then you probably want 4 color process screen printing, which is very specialized and requires a shirt printer who is very familiar with it, otherwise the shirts will look like crap. But if done well, it's way cheaper than inkjet in large quantity.

If you have more specific q's, let me know.

3. Stuie

If you want to do it yourself, you can buy the iron on paper. To use it, you just print your design with an inkjet printer and then iron it on to a cotton shirt. It works quite well and can easily be done at home.

4. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

Thx guys but, I'm going to sack it, no space at home anyway