1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out to a stranger

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by otc877, Aug 24, 2010.

1. otc877

otc877 Guest

On Saturday I went with a couple friends to the mall. I had been looking for a new watch for a while. I went up to the counter to pay for it, and towards the end of the purchase the cashier asks

"Anything else?"

"Nah, I think I'm good with this..."

"Are you sure man? How about the I <3 Boobies bracelet" (My friend had just bought one prior to me... he's gay also)

I flash her a smile and say, "Nah, I'm good"

She's persistent on selling me one "What do you mean no? Why don't you want one?"

"I don't like boobies."

She was taken aback and then practically shouts "YOU DON'T LIKE BOOBIES?! Everyone likes boobies."

"They're just not my thing..."

She got the hint and said something to the effect of "that's cool man" and the transaction was over...

My friends were dying laughing and a few people shot some curious looks.

She set me up, I couldn't resist. This was the first time I've come out to a complete stranger and it felt completely comfortable. It didn't even phase me.

Anybody else have some fun stories about coming out to strangers?

2. Eponine

I went to a party with my friend and we ended up talking to a girl there who was slightly drunk. Somehow, the conversation ended up on the topic of exes and then the drunk girl asked me if I had any ex-girlfriends since they both decided to talk a bit. I decided to just come out with it and told her and my friend about my ex-boyfriend. My friend kind of knew about me being gay because she and my roommate are really close, but that was the first time I "came out" to her as well. I suppose it was kind of funny because the stranger girl had an "oh shit" look which was only made funnier by her drunkenness. xD

3. Owl47

Out Status:
    Some people
    I was at a kick-back party once at my gay friend's apartment(none of his roommates knew I was gay, though). There were about 15 people there. We were playing kings cup and after a while, me and him started exempting ourselves to the rules that required guys to do things. There were several times throughout the night that we high fived each other while yelling "gay immunity!" or something similar. Of course, his roommates weren't even phased with me being gay and the night turned out to be really fun.

4. GoinStag

In Loving Memory

I can picture that scene in my head lol "You don't like boobies?!" lol.

5. Filip

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The first time I ever came out to a stranger was to my neighbour (who I became good friends with afterwards, but who was a total stranger at the time). She had noted that I was single and the first or second time we got talking, she asked if I would be interested in going on a blind date with a (female) friend of hers.
    I mentioned: "well, I don't really object to blind dates, but it would never work ut with a girl, I'm afraid".
    She was totally unfazed and proceeded to try and set me up with a gay friend of hers :lol:
    (and before you ask, no, the gay date never materialised, alas).

6. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I was with a group of friends at the station, and for some reason, someone handing out audition information for Beauty and the Geek approached us. (Context: about 70% guys 30% girls, almost all gay or bi, half or more underage.) I joked that I doubted any of us would be what they're looking for, and in my case I doubted they were looking for female geeks. She said "You never know, we need all types!" and I added "I also think I'm a bit too lesbian." She was a little bit taken aback. Everyone else thought it was hilarious.

7. VentinIntrovert

The only time that I probably came out to a stranger was my college librarian. I was writing a paper on sexual diversity and need some books for research. At the sign out desk, I had like eight books and the weirdest look from the librarian ever. Meh...

8. Daniel

I came out to my ER doctor after my friend took me there. He assumed she was my girlfriend and corrected him and called her my "future egg donor".

9. 4 seat

Ahhaha, this past Saturday night I went out on a date again. I showed up at the restaurant first (fairly nice Italian restaurant) and told the host a table for 2, and the place is somewhere where if you're getting a table for 2 it's def a date lol. The host reached down to give me a pager and then goes "oh sorry bro, I'm all out of pagers, can I get your number? Not in any kind of gay way, dont worry" and I just smiled, laughed and gave him my number, cuz duh I know you need to contact me somehow, jackass lol. I went to the bar and had a drink and then my date showed up and we talked for a little, then the host called my phone. I showed up at the desk with Nick and it was clear we were together and the guy looks at me and says "Oh, this is awkward......right this way guys" and I just laughed and said don't worry about it. Haha.

10. Mana

Guy (as he walks past): Are you a lesbian?
    Me: yes
    Guy: Awesome! (or something to that effect) *carries on walking*
    Me: *carries on walking also*

This was some dude I'd never even seen before. These sort of enounters amuse me so :slight_smile:

I come out to strangers all the time :slight_smile: But most of the time I just assume they already know (I'm quite gay :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: )

11. paco

paco Guest

i was at the beach sitting on the back of my car waiting for my friend when this 14-15 year old girl came up and told me how cute i am and how pretty my eyes are blah blah blah.

then her little brother joined her and immediately asks "are you a child molester?" :lol:

anyway, then she asked me if i had a girlfriend so i told her i'm gay, and at first she didn't believe me, then she said something about how she loves gay people, then talked a little more and left... kids haha

---------

then there was this time i went to the doctor cause i split my eye open on my surf board, and as he's putting on the glue to hold the skin together he says "and no worries, girls love scars"

so i just kinda smiled and shrugged and he said "or whatever, i don't care" then he told me about this 3 year old he stitched up once and he gave him the same line and the kid got super stoked haha.

he didnt say anything cause it'd probably be considered very unprofessional, but i actually got a very strong gay vibe from that doctor, too bad he wasn't one of those fresh-out-of-med-school-hottie-doctors haha

---------- Post added 25th Aug 2010 at 08:09 PM ----------

i think exempting yourself on the basis of being gay is just an excuse not to drink...and if you're playing kings, why?? :shrug:

#11 paco, Aug 25, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 25, 2010
  12. Owl47

Out Status:
    Some people
    That's pretty much why we exempted ourselves, we didn't want to drink much more than we already had.

13. otc877

otc877 Guest

I did something similar unintentionally while playing beer pong. We have a rule "Guys finger, girls blow."
    If the ball spins around the rim of the cup the other team has a chance to get the ball out so they that it doesn’t count. “Girls blow, guys finger” – Girls can blow out the ball, and guys can use 2 fingers to flick the ball out. If any beer is blown or flicked out while removing the ball, then it doesn’t count.
    and one time without thinking about it I blew a ball out that was spinning... my friends were like... well he is gay, so.....

HAHA I bet that guy felt like a complete ass. At least he acknowledged that he messed up.

LOLOLMAO ROFL

The way I imagined this in my head made me burst out laughing.... thank you.

14. Celestial

Celestial Guest

Profits for I love boobies go to breast cancer research.

15. paco

paco Guest

omg i always blow, and every time the guys i'm playing against call me on it, then someone ends up explaining why it's ok for me, but either they don't hear or they don't believe it.

i think we need to amend the rules of beer pong to say guys and lesbians finger, girls and gay guys blow.

16. Techcompu2

a similar thing happened to me the other day.

During part of my lunch, I help run a thing at my school where we sell foods the cafeteria doesn't (ie: chinese, bbq, and taco bell to name a few). Anyway, the other day, during a break, I had bought some of the dominos pizza we had that day, and while I was eating, one of the other workers, C, sat down on the other side of the table, and started talking to me. He was talking to me about me being a vegetarian. after a moment of talking, he looked over at one of the female workers (we will call her A), and said "I love it when A wears shirts like that. It makes her boobs look AMAZING." I smiled and continued eating, and he then asked "you do like boobs right? right?". I giggled a bit, then said "nope. I'm gay". he then was like "oh now not only are you a vegetarian, but you're gay too" (the expression on his face was great lol). then he asked if the other workers knew, and if I was dating anyone. he seemed ok with it, but I didn't see him at school the next day, so I am not fully sure.

17. x2x2x2x2y2

I've never came out to a stranger.

Also, just curious but where can you buy the "I <3 Boobies" bracelets at?? I would buy one because the money goes to charity and plus I love how ironic it would be to wear it.

18. paco

paco Guest

he made a joke about it and then asked about your love life. he's definitely ok, people (especially guys) that aren't get really awkward and change the subject immediately if not sooner.

19. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It happens. A couple days ago, I was at a sandwich shop, and the clerk asked me where I got my T-shirt. I said, "Oh, I got in Europe a couple months ago when we were over there on vacation." He said, "Who'd you go with?" I found that a bit of an odd question, but I answered, "My boyfriend. We had a great time." He said, "Cool"...and made my sandwich.

Lex

20. fringelunatic

At a pride parade, with a close friend, and a couple of his friends.
    One of these friends-of-friends turns to me, and says:
    Her: "So, are you gay?"
    Me: Amused expression, grin - "Yeah"
    Her: Surprised expression - "Really?"

lol, even when I go out of my way to be gay I still come across straight :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: