1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How come

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by splattered, Aug 24, 2010.

1. splattered

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    How come sometimes when I meet an openly gay person like total complete strangers I meet at a party I feel like I should open up to them and tell them things like "yeah I've had gay sex before." Or "Yeah I'm bisexual." Not sure why I do it. I should just keep these things to myself. I want to keep it a secret yet I just want to spill my guts to people. I'm confused.

2. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Maybe there is a part of you that just wants to talk about things and be more open about yourself. If you are among other gay people, it is possible that you feel more comfortable with yourself too and feel you can talk about yourself.

When that happens, maybe try taking a step back and ask yourself, 'how comfortable am I talking about myself?" You might be surprised what you feel and find out. It is possible that a part of you doesn't want to keep it a secret anymore. :slight_smile:

3. GoinStag

In Loving Memory

Probably because you see someone who is completely open about being gay and you feel the need to take the opportunity and be completely open yourself. It probably feels liberating.

4. csm123

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hi,why not try pointing out you like the shiirt that hot guy over there is wearing,or you would be in there given a chance,a small statement can say an awfull lot.Once youve given such an opening you may get straight out asked"are you gay" which puts you in a good position to be honest,anything from a short and sweet yes to a coming out speech,whatever your comfortable with.If nothing is said but you know at least 1 or 2 people heard you just act like they all know because they soon will anyway and gradually they will open up more until they feel comfortable enough to bring it up again.

Good luck,if you dont make a big deal of it not many others will.