1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New York Help

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by PeaceLoveJoy, Aug 28, 2010.

1. PeaceLoveJoy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey, if any New York natives could help me out it would be really great. So I'm going to New York in mid-October for NYMF to see my godmother's show "Pandora's Box" and the other days that I'm going to be there I'm going to go to either "American Idiot" or "Next to Normal" and I was wondering about how to purchase tickets without a credit card, like rush tickets and how much they are and which show is worth seeing. Also any tips or advice for someone going to New York City for the first time. Thank you.

2. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm not from New york but I hope you have lots of fun. What's Pandora's Box about? and what does NYMF stand for?

3. Iniquity

I'm not sure how to help you with the tickets, but my suggestion: if you're not driving around New York, use this site to help you get around the subway system: www.mta.info

Normally, the subway would be hard enough to get around. Add in the fact that construction happens pretty much every day, and you'll probably be like one of the 11 tourists I helped get around today. Use the site to know what's happening on the subway on the day you're coming if you plan to use the subway.

Stay away from the horse peds on 59th St. 50 bucks is not worth the ride. But if you end up over there, definitely go through a walk in Central Park.

Finally, I'd say get away from the major tourist areas and visit a local area. Flushing, Queens is one with lots of international heritage. Or if you want something specific to do, Brooklyn Museum is free every 1st Saturday of each month. I don't know if it'd be beach weather when you're coming, but Coney Island is cool to see as well.

Those are my slight tips. If I was in NY when you were coming, I'd be glad to show you around.