1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hotels in San Francisco?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by otc877, Aug 31, 2010.

1. otc877

otc877 Guest

I'm completely unfamiliar with the entire city. A couple friends and I are planning a weekend trip up there to gay it up... We're all gay and want to have a completely over the top gay weekend. That said, we want to stay near the Castro.

Does anybody who is familiar with the area know of some moderately priced hotels/inns/motels that are gay friendly/oriented? I've searched on google, but it only gives you a brief description... word of mouth is always a better source for me.

If you guys don't know of any hotels... do you know of anything extremely campy to do there? Excluding bath houses and the like.

Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

2. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's not exactly near the castro, but there are some very nice and reasonably priced hotels at the edge of Chinatown. There's one in particular that I can't think of the name of that is about 2 blocks from the Westin (shouldn't be hard to search for.)

There's also a Best Western (I think) that's right in the Castro that's pretty decent and clean, but not fancy. If you don't get any better info from anyone else, PM me, I have a friend that lives in the Castro and I'm sure he'll know the names of both of these places I'm thinking of.

Keep in mind that "moderately priced" and "in the castro" is a combination not easily found together... :slight_smile:

3. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Actually, "moderately priced" and "San Francisco" is a combination not easily found together... :slight_smile:

I should point out that the public transportation system in San Francisco is fantastic, what's with the street cars, cable cars, electric buses, standard buses, BART... Because of this, it's rarely important to stay in a very specific spot of town. You can always get from Point A to Point B with very little hassle. I say this not to dissuade you from staying in Castro, but just pointing out that you shouldn't feel you HAVE to stay there...

Last time I was in SF, I stayed at Hotel Nikko. Which is neither moderately priced nor near Castro. But still very highly recommended. :slight_smile:

Lex

4. Kevin42

Kevin42 Guest

I have stayed in two San Fran hotels.

Last time I went (with my boyfriend) we stayed at the Mosser Hotel on 4th and Market St, near Yerba Buena. It was a pretty decent price and was clean. Unfortunately it had only one elevator, 12 or so floors, and kind of small rooms (though we did, some rooms didn't have private baths). But, we got a room for less than a hundred per night, so I was really pleased.

When I went with my family, we stayed at Nob Hill Motor Inn. VERY friendly people, and in a nice area of town.

In addition to what Lex said about the public transport system being FANTASTIC, I want to warn you to be cautious if you use them at night. Although we weren't involved, my boyfriend and I witnessed a rather scary scene in one of them. Luckily the bus driver took care of it :grin:.

#4 Kevin42, Sep 1, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 1, 2010
  5. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    While I don't want to get away from otc's topic. What happened Kevin? Maybe just tell me on my wall or PM me.

6. Miss Modular