1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tattoo

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Shebbs, Sep 2, 2010.

1. Shebbs

Okay, this IS a help thread... but I shall turn it into a discussion just cause I can! :slight_smile: Hah.

Kay, well, I am getting another tattoo around the end of September. I have a bunch of idea's... but my friends and I have narrowed it down to 5. Rofl. I'm VERY open to more ideas though.

I want your opinion:
    1) Stars up my collar bone

2) Lyrics: Affirmation - Savage Garden

I believe you can't control or choose your sexuality
    I believe that trust is more important than monogamy
    I believe your most attractive features are your heart and soul
    I believe that family is worth more than money or gold

On my right shoulder blade

3) Lily on my foot

4) Puppy paws up my right calf

5) My zodiac sign SOMEWHERE... hah

If you have other ideas, i'd love to hear them as well.

ALSOOOOO...
    Do you have a tattoo?
    What is it?
    Do you want more?
    What do you want?

If you dont have one, would you get one?
    What would you get?

LOVES EVERYONEEE! <3

2. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

Get your Zodiac on your wrist like i did :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I got a new one recently on my arm, its my chinese zodiac

In my opinion, I don;t think you shoud get stars, I wouldn't get lyrics.

Maybe get Lily shes your neice right?

3. MusicIsLife

I would go with 4 or 5 if I were you.

I have 4 tattoos. on my upper right arm I have a portrait of my dog, surrounded by a daffodil, nastertum and a morning glory. A little ways down above my inner elbow I have the lyrics: "I am not afraid to keep on living, I am not afraid to walk this world alone." and then on my inner forearm I have the quote "Not all who wander are lost"

The final one is on my left side, at the bottom of my ribs and stopping at the top of my hip. It says 'Sing Along Forever' with 2 red/black nautical stars and a treble clef.

The next one im gonna get is prolly gonna be my 3/4 sleeve.

4. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

Hmm I might get one behind my ear

5. lostinthought9

I'd go with option 5.
    But that's because, someday, I want my zodiac sign tattooed on me. I'd probably get it on my right shoulder blade.

6. the ry guy

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm iffy on the collar bone bit, i don't care for getting tattoos that go over bones.

I got a tribal sleeve (extends from my wrist to my shoulder) on my right arm, i got a variety of tattoos on my left arm and got a flame sleeve to fill the gaps

currently i'm debating on getting one on my back or wings on my shoulder blades; the right would be tribal, left - flames and would tie into the pre-existing sleeves

7. Mercy

Mercy Guest

Id reccommend a Rose with a heart in the middle With ur innitals

8. mnguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'd suggest saving your money or using it on something practical. If you have any debt, maybe pay that off first. Hopefully you're not one of the people who is living on credit cards or check to check yet they've spent who knows how much money on tats and piercings. I guess I just don't get the allure of tats, but that's just me. I wonder what these are going to look like when we all get old and our skin is sagging. :confused:

9. Hitchhiker

I don't have a tattoo because I'm afraid of permanence/commitment and needles. xD
    If I were to get one I'd probably get a rainbow bar-code tattoo on the back of my neck or somewhere subtle.
    I wouldn't get a tat in someplace visible because it might interfere with the ability to get a job. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

10. Tiny Catastrophe

I like the zodiac sign idea. The foot and collar bone are definitely going to hurt a lot. I have tattoos on both my wrists the say "love" for To Write Love On Her Arms. Surprisingly only one person figured out the meaning of them without me telling them lol.

11. maverick

I vote against: 2, 3, and 4
    I vote for: 1 or 5

As far as advice, I'd just say try to pick something that is either a) just ridiculously beautiful in composition, or b) significant to you personally. I'm kind of partial to the following: tribal tattoos, any kind of font/text, weird placement (nape of neck, behind the ear, etc...), animal sigils, mythical figures, and tattoos that make it look like something is realistically coming through the skin. I've always thought that effect is cool.

I tend to dislike cartoons, portraits, and...I dunno, the same little clovers and butterflies and dolphins and whatever that people get when they have no idea what kind of tattoo they want and just pick something at random from a book. I think tattoos should mean something to you.

I have one tattoo, and it's a tribal hawk flying up towards a spiral sun. It's directly between my shoulderblades and the only part of the tattoo that can be seen is the very top of the sun (like it's rising past the collar of my shirt).

I want a bajillion more tattoos. Especially my personal motto - Aut vincere aut mori (conquer or die)

And this (the two sea monsters and the sinking ship):

[​IMG]

^ I just don't know where I'd put that though where it wouldn't clash with my other tattoo.

12. IsItSo

Out Status:
    A few people
    1, 3, or 5 would be cool. I'm not so enthusiastic about 2 or 4.

13. browneyedboy

i don't usually like the tattoos but the only thing that got me to even slightly consider was when i saw someone who had two music notes from bohemian rhapsody on their shoulder blade and i just thought its nice to have something like that, where you know "the meaning" but it's not blatantly out there. but i think lyrics are cool too but for me to have four lines would be a bit much

14. Danny19

i like 3 and 5. but thats just me

as for tats on me. i have one. on my shoulder its a turtle with a peace sign shell.. i love it. lol. when i got my first tat my mom was against it because she said i would want more. and i said i only would get 1 or 2 tops. but now i so want more. and i hate to prove myself wrong. lol.. and getting my first tat was the first hangout me and my friend had. and now we are best friends so it makes this tat way more special. lol...

my next tat will probably be in november. im excited.. i kinda want either this quote "success is the best revenge" or "you weren't put on this earth to be ordinary". they both mean something to me in different ways.

15. Aya McCabre

This list sounds like something I would do. I have number 3 booked for December but tbh it's getting difficult to find places to put small things. So much of my body is reserved for large things that I can't afford and can't start on because I have ridiculously high standards for artists. Eventually I'll have a full sleeve, a half sleeve, a scarification piece to fill the gap between the half sleeve and the forearm piece I already have, a full back piece and possibly a chest piece. That involves a lot of money though..... for now I'm trying to keep things under $300 or so. Given that the most expensive piercing on my list is $150 it'll probably be a while before I get started on the big stuff.

16. Gerry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I really like the idea of your zodiac sign somewhere. That's a good choice. :slight_smile:

17. kanishq

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    tattoo....!

make sure u have a story behind it

make sure u can hide it with clothing(else the charm dies...thats my believe)

do not go for discounted deals, get quality work done cuz its ur body

and this picture is mine