1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it just me who thinks this way?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Madithis, Sep 4, 2010.

1. Madithis

Good day everyone.

I am currently picking up from people that I chat to, that people in their 20's dont care about relationships and only want sex. Why is that?

I feel like im the only person who wants to have a relationship and be close to someone.
    What happened to looking for personality then looks?

2. x2x2x2x2y2

What people are you chatting to???

I don't think that it's true, atleast for the most part. I think like 98% of all people want a relationship deep down, whether they acknowlege that want or not, is up to them.

3. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

That seems to be a commonality among my friends too (and I, too, want more than just sex), but I think that's just because people are more likely to talk about their sex-capades than their relationships, so you're more likely to hear about someone's conquests if they just want sex than their relationships if they are looking for that.

4. starfish

I think a lot of it has to do with where you are looking. It is going to be hard to find a Ford at the Chevy dealer. Sure you might find one eventually but the easiest way to find one is to go to the Ford dealer.

5. Just Adam

i dont care about sex infact i almost dislike sex...its awkward... i only care about relationships .

sadly its almost impossible to have a relationship without sex.

6. llenadepecas

I think a lot of people are scared to admit all they want is to have someone so instead they make a joke about it and cover it up. Also, it's a bit of a social thing, a competition. so people often feel they have something to prove. It's lot easier to talk about something more...trivial like sex, isn't it? So I guess it could be any of those. or none. What I will say is, don't go looking for a relationship. Look instead for a friend, and if something more is an option, it will find you :slight_smile:

7. csm123

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hi,i totaly agree with starfish on this one.This is also how it works for straight couples aswell,90% of clubbers are out for a 1 night stand, gay/bi/straight they just want sex.

Just try looking elsewere or even try looking on a gay dating site to see if there are others in your area looking for the same as you.

Good luck

8. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I sort of find that gay men in their teens/early 20s do want sex more often, but I think this has to do with finally being free in college/university/whatever. They are just trying out what sex life is like before deciding to settle down.