1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Accents

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Bario, Sep 6, 2010.

1. Bario

Bario Guest

I was thinking today, what is my biggest turn on, and I concluded that it is a really sexy accent.
    I just melt under the mighty powers of an Icelandic or a South African accent.

Does anybody else out there find that the voice is one of the most attractive things about a person? If so, what kind of voice/accent do you really like?

2. partietraumatic

I do. I love accents, it makes someone seem exotic :slight_smile:

I like south african, and i like Australian and new zealand. I also like hispanic accents.

From my own country i like geordie (Newcastle), south wales, and Edinburgh :slight_smile:

3. Bario

Bario Guest

Are the different regions and countries around Great Britain that diverse, accent wise? I have always wondered.

4. Leon481

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
  5. Enaithor

Yeah, they really are
    When I go up north it's not uncommon for me to not understand people

I think the sexiest accent is probably one of the Australian ones (no idea which though!)

I talk like a commoner from around London...because I am...exactly like Kate Nash
    Obviously the sexiest accent :wink:

6. partietraumatic

oh yeahh! Very very different. I visited Newcastle once, and the accent was so different at times i could barely understand what they were saying! There are probably about 10 or so markedly different accents at a guess (then smaller regional divisions within those)

Tho i guess its the sort of thing that is easier for a Brit to hear. I'm sure there are different accents in Australia, but i'd probably not be able to tell a Canberra from a Sydney lol

7. RedKnight

kiwis dont have accents, its everyone else with the accents :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

but anyways. i like my mates accent, he is from stoke

8. Bario

Bario Guest

I find it hard to believe that anyone could find an Aussie accent attractive. Although some of the stonger ones do have a really sexy rustic quality. Most of my cousins live out in the country, well in small country towns, Yass and Harden, (I dont expect you to know where that is.) and they have some of the strongest accents you have ever heard. They say things like Sundie (Sunday) and they use 'mate' more than any person should.
    But I'm afriad I dont find Brittish accents very appealing, they just sound like an upperclass, or sometimes even lower class, Aussie accent to me.

---------- Post added 6th Sep 2010 at 07:44 PM ----------

DAM KIWIS!!! KIWIS ARE FOR EATING, NOT BEING!!!

Seriously though, Kiwi accents can be cute at times.

9. partietraumatic

here is Peter Sellers doing some British accents :slight_smile:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLsVh6Qrpew[/YOUTUBE]

10. Bario

Bario Guest

There is no 'Canberra' and 'Sydney' accent, really. Like I said, in the dusty old outback towns they get quite rustic. But the most deviation between the major city accents are little things. Like in Queensland, or maybe its SA, cant remember, they use words like choice (great!) and stuff like that. But the thing is, in Australia there are almost more foreign born people than natives. (I mean both true native, Aboriginals, and British descended Aussies) So you find millions of different accents around.

11. RedKnight

12. Enaithor

Honestly, you need to hear me/Kate Nash/Lily Allen, our accent is really really neither upper class nor Australian...although I doubt you will like it, it's pretty British

not quite sure what happened with the quotes there...yay fixed :slight_smile:

13. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    When it comes to Australian accents, I think South Australians have the most distinctive state accent, but it's still not that noticeable. According to Wikipedia, there are three kinds of Australian accents, Broad (think Steve Irwin), General (the fairly typical accent), and Cultivated (which tends more towards English). I personally have a pretty strong "cultivated Australian" accent, I often get asked where I come from (here in Australia) because people don't think my accent is Australian.
    I like soft European accents. Yes please.

14. Bario

Bario Guest

Well, Australian accents are really just what happens when you start a nation of criminals, and let it get out of hand.
    I do like to hear a British accent though. I have this British friend (well in actual fact, he hates my guts, but still hangs out with our 'group' at lunchs) and its fun to make his say things like Lorry, and crumpet, and we expecially enjoy having him say 'God save the Queen' :lol:
    He actually brought a scone to school to eat today. He was complaining about how it got, :roflmao: crushed:roflmao: (thats a funny one too) in his bag.
    God dammit Aussies are racist!

15. Enaithor

Ahhh, I'm not a fan of crumpets, but I LOVE scones!!! I would complain if I was him!!
    Urgh at the Queen though...Nothing against Liz II, just monarchy is the shittiest idea in the world

16. partietraumatic

god save your queen also :wink:

also the word scone opens a HUGE debate in Britain as to how one says it!

I say scone rhyming with gone

But some say scone rhyming with groan

17. Enaithor

Hah, I say it the 2nd way :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: despite being chav scum :frowning2:
    I'm not actually a chav, I just speak like one...that's what living in Luton does to you

18. partietraumatic

and i say the first, even tho most people would say i sound fairly posh...thats what living in oxford does for you!

19. peaceandlies

london accents have it in for me. one of the few traits in a guy that could possibly turn me on. its a little confusing

20. Ben

Ben

I want to get rid of any accent I may have in time for university. I'm not sure I'll ever do that, but I think I'm succeeding at stopping being so reckless with my glottal stops~.

I think I'm stuck being vicky Pollard at the moment… D: