1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yes I am Gay, But...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by British Lad, Sep 9, 2010.

1. British Lad

British Lad Guest

Yes I am gay but.. I like Hard rock music, I like blowing stuff up, I hate lady gaga, I am a Brown belt in jujitsu, I like big dogs, I am not feminine, I am a bit messy, I what to be a scientist or a demolition expert, I love Action films, I like some chick flicks, I don't like the colour pink, I love Computer games... but this is not because I am gay... it's because I 'm Alexander

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    (note: I saw this on Youtube and try to do the same please)

2. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

Yes, I am gay. But...

-I don't act flamboyant or have a gay stride.
    -My voice is masculine usually, though my pitch tends to move higher when I am with someone I am really comfortable with.
    -My wrist has never been at a downward angle when my arm was at an upward one.
    -I'm a terrible dancer.

-My personality is cynical and pessimistic, though I do my best to not show it.
    -I discuss things bluntly with people and am unable to feign interest in something or lie to protect someone's feelings.
    -I'm not materialistic, nor judging.

-I am an oral, anal, and manual (hands) virgin.
    -I have never tried drugs or alcohol.
    -I actually don't care for penis. I like guys' bodies, but I couldn't care less about their private parts.
    -I care more for bonding and cuddling than sex.

-I do not like shopping, especially clothes shopping. I'm a "get in, see if it fits, get out" kind of clothes shopper.
    -I wear very low-key, cheap clothing. I don't dress flamboyantly, either.
    -My room and other spaces are pretty messy, and I can't be motivated to clean them because, as long as they are as they are, I know where everything is.
    -I don't follow fashion, though I tend to be good at judging looks on others.

-I like heavy metal and rock-and-roll in general. The louder, the better! Blast it loud, blast it proud!!!
    -I do not enjoy plays or drama movies. I go to the movies to escape reality, not be engrossed in someone else's, and plays have never captivated me. I also dislike chick flicks.
    -I didn't like Brokeback Mountain.
    -I only see Lady Gaga as a mediocre pop star (who it so much better at singing then she lets on, but tones down her talent for the sake of success)

But it's not because I'm gay; it's because I'm Owen.

3. Corny

Corny Guest

yes I am gay, but I don't feel the need to defend myself to prove how much not stereotypical I am.
    I am gay.
    But I am also a lot of other things.

4. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

Thiis! :grin:

5. frostreaver

this.

6. Connor22

yes I am gay, but I want to join the armed forces, i listen to lots of things music wise but only like the things that go WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAa DUN DUN DUN GUIAR SOLO, I go a little crazy sometimes, explosives give me a hardon, my wrist is made of STEEL, I can say 66

7. foofighter

I like rock music, video games. I have a deep voice. I am not flamboyant and I don't dress flamboyantly. I don't like plays or musicals. You would assume I'm straight upon meeting me.

But I will say that since I've come out, there's certain parts of me I've hidden because I was afraid prior that people would start questioning my sexuality. Little stuff, like appreciating chick flicks, hating sports, acting extra silly sometimes. Now I feel like I can be myself and not worry what people think of me. It makes such a huge difference!

8. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm gay.
    I have season tickets to a contact sport.
    I go see rock concerts all the time.
    I wear T-shirts and jeans nearly every day of the year.
    My house is usually quite messy.
    I've got a low-pitched voice.

...but none of these things make me superior to effeminate guys. Different, maybe. But not superior.

Lex

9. djt820

Yes I am gay, but fuck you

10. fragomatrick

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You are my alter ego...

11. LittleD93

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I wear tight, bright clothes because I'm not afraid to express myself through all channels. I shave my face because I look terrible with a beard. I mess with my hair for long periods of time because I don't look good sporting "sloppy". I shower every morning because BO burns the nostrils. I wear lots of accessories because I have a fetish for making jingling sounds when I walk. I have a bounce in my step, a sway in my hips, and a curve in my wrists by nature, it just happens when I'm in a good mood.

All of the above describe the things you may notice about me upon first site.
    All of the below are the things you see when you get to know me.

I make really mean, dirty jokes. Prepare to be offended. I like being active with friends, instead of watching other people be active on my television screen. You'll often catch me playing poker or pool in the student lounge. I listen to Rock and Metal. I also listen to Classical, Jazz, Blues, Hip Hop, R&B, Techno, and tons of others. I enjoy camping. I plan to go on a camping trip with a local LGBT group sometime soon.

You may have noticed, but I didn't start off by mentioning how I like guys. That's because it has nothing to do with any of it. Think of all of this as you will, but I don't plan on caring about what complete strangers think of me.

12. partietraumatic

Yes I am gay, but it is far from the most interesting or unusual aspect of my personality. So please don't act like it is.

13. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm gay. I'm not particularly into cars, power tools or the like, I wear my hair long, I don't own flannel. Because I'm me.

But I also prefer to wear a shirt and tie than a dress, I can't think of many ways to spend an afternoon I dislike more than shopping for clothes/shoes/accessories, and I'm pretty into lesbian culture and lesbian-themed books and movies and the like. Also because I'm me.

Being the polar opposite of any gay stereotype isn't the only way to be yourself, and it doesn't make you better than someone who is more stereotypical. If I force myself to squeal over shoes and watch romantic comedies, I may be acting the opposite to how some people would expect a lesbian to, but I'm sure as hell not being myself.

And I've gotta say, I know a fair few gay guys. Many of them are virulently opposed to fitting any gay stereotype, and out to prove "I'm not like every other gay guy out there, I'm different because I'm not stereoptyical!". Hardly any of them actually fit all or even most of the stereotypes.

14. Ben

Ben

Yes I am gay, but I don't avoid any super-camp things from fear of being an outcast ~I like what I like.

And I don't puke glitter. But it would probably be pretty damn fabulous if I did.

15. s5m1

I don’t mean to hijack your thread but what is the purpose of it other than to perhaps suggest that some types of gays are better than others? It says, “Please don’t consider me to be like those other gays.” Rather than saying, “I am gay, but . . . ,” we should be saying “I am gay and just like every other gay person – I am attracted to a person of the same sex.” The very premise of it also suggests that we lose our individuality because we are gay. Being gay has nothing to do with anything other than who we are attracted to. Suggesting otherwise feeds into homophobia, including internalized homophobia in the gay community.

16. British Lad

British Lad Guest

I meant it to be a join together to say homophobes we are normal, I did not mean it to be a "I am gay But not like the rest" after all we need to band together not split it apart. I have no internalized homophobia because that would be hypercritical of me.

17. kettlkorn

Yes, I am gay.

18. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

Yes, I am a gay man who enjoys listing gay stereotypes that I don't fit into, but it isn't because I consider myself superior to those who do fit into those stereotypes. It's because I enjoy seeing stereotypes proven wrong, no matter who is proving them wrong. And don't take that to mean that I dislike people who do fit into those stereotypes and can't prove them wrong, because if no one fit into those stereotypes, then the opposite stereotype would exist. We need people who do and don't fit into the stereotypes if we are to disprove them.

Besides, the point of the video that inspired this thread (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsjOlsG9ZG4) was that none of these things have anything to do with our sexuality, and in the original video, there were people who did and didn't fit into the various stereotypes discussed. That's why the format suggested by British Lad is to end our posts with, "But it isn't because I'm gay/lesbian/bi/whatever. It's because I'm (your name)." Listing behaviors and preferences of yours that do fall into gay stereotypes would have been just as legitimate of a response and listing stereotypes than don't apply to you.

19. x2x2x2x2y2

^this.

^:roflmao:

20. LittleD93

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    This.