1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Irony? I think not.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Notreallysure, Sep 10, 2010.

1. Notreallysure

I was talking to my friend the other day, and she told me that her best girl friend came out to her. I didn't know the other girl personally, but it struck me as kind of weird. The reason is because her best friend from high school, a guy, came out right before college to her. She considers me her best guy friend now, and it's ironic that I too am gay (in the closet). It makes me think of Family Guy when Stewie complains "Why does everyone always come out to me!" Ha. Anyway, she's a great friend (who is straight) and seeing her positively handle her best friend coming out has given me support that she'll be very understanding when I work my courage up to do the same.

It make me think a little deeper too. In my high school class of barely 100, we had about 5 or 6 people that came out. It's very surprising for a rural southern area. My best friend in high school came out my senior year, before I knew that I was gay. It is too much for simple irony that we became friends. We weren't sexually attracted to each other, I wasn't at least. I guess our minds and personalities found the support in each other that we needed at the time to cope with and figure ourselves out.

I think that as humans we are subconsciously and divinely given people that help us in our lives, even when we don't know it. We aren't really looking for them, but we find them. More than that, I think that maybe God sends them to us for support and love when we may not find it elsewhere. My friend, the girl who has had so many gay friends, is one of them.

2. NkyJ

Everyone comes out to my one friend and it has gotten to be quite humorous. She jokingly complains about it. I still haven't even told her, but it hasn't come up yet.

3. llenadepecas

I was best friends with 2 sets of two girls in primary school (aged 7-10) 8 years later, I catch up with them. Three out of the four class themselves as bisexual.

4. peaceandlies

^lol. i had that over the summer. not exactly, but my best friend who moved away when i met up with her, had more bi/les friends than straight ones. i was fairly amazed that i had gravitated towards a future lgbt friend out of an entire school