1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Joining a LGBT group

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by British Lad, Sep 11, 2010.

1. British Lad

British Lad Guest

Well I was thinking that I am never going to get a boyfriend if I keep going what I am currently doing(which is sitting on the computer playing wow type games), And I thought I got to get out and off the computer and meet people, so I have desided to join a local LGBT group in my home town, not only for that resion, but I think I am litraly the only gay in the village (because were i live used to be a village until It was swollowed up my the local city) and I hardly know any LGBT people 5 max (two are my great uncle and his partner and the other 3 i know of). So I emailed them to get time and dates and waiting for a replie. (funny how time changes things because i sayed i would never go but I am doing the exact oppersite)

2. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Good to hear. Hope it goes well!

Lex

3. Blakus

I remember a few years ago when I first signed up for one. Seriously changed my life for the better, because I gained so much more of an identity and self awareness. Hope yours goes just as well

4. Bario

Bario Guest

I wish there was a LGBT group in Canberra. Yes there is one, but the meetings are at 6pm. I dont have time for that.
    But anyway, good for you.

5. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

I want to .. but.. where do you find one?

6. Holmes

There's a great web site out there that lets you search for a lot of things like this: lancashire gay group. Replace lancashire with wherever you're from.

I mean, how did you find this site first time?

(Apologies for the sarcasm)

7. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

lol ermm
    i typed.. gays or something cant remember

---------- Post added 12th Sep 2010 at 04:50 PM ----------

What do u do in the lgbt groups anyway
    I don't even know why I'm going

8. Blakus

honestly, it's just a casual place to meet people where everyone is usually friendly and looking to make more friends.
    It really depends where you go. I've been to two different ones. The first one was more of a therapy group, but I still enjoyed everything I gained from it, the second one was more of a youth group so there was always a new activity happening everyday. It's heaps fun.

Really it just depends how much funding the group gets, and what the goal of the group is.

9. Dykezz

Good for you! I also signed up for a lgbt group through my gay counsler. I want to meet some gay people cause i dont know any.
    I'm kinda nerveus cause i dont know anyone. I'm gonna meet the group on thursday and we are gonna see a gay theatre play.

10. British Lad

British Lad Guest

Well a quick update, today I went there not knowing what to expect, and it was good, the people were friendly and I felt I could be me and show all my sides. But I the people there were abit too camp for my liking (most the boys were more feminine then the girls and the girls were acting like well girls). I think I go back again maybe once a month or something. It was more of an eye opener because that was the first real contact I have had with the LGBT comunaty ever.