1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

September 11th - 9 Years

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Shevanel, Sep 11, 2010.

1. Shevanel

It's probably good that September 11th is beginning to feel like just another day, but I still remember September 11th, 2001 so vividly as if it happened yesterday. Now it's been 9 years, and it's still not easy to talk about (for some, I guess, like me). I just wanted to make this thread as a sorta.. paying of respects of a sort, since while it was somewhat of a location concentrated disaster, its effects were still widely felt throughout America and the world even. I think almost everyone who lived in the New York Metropolitan Area knew at least one person who died that day, and of the few people I knew to have passed, one of them was rather close to our family. That hit hard, and hearing all the stories afterwards of people who could've died and would've died had they not missed the train or had they made some other decision can really tear you up, you know?

Anyway, I just wanted to make this. So yeah, Rest in Peace those taken from us in NYC, the Pentagon, and on Flight 93 that day. I hope not too many members here had a direct or indirect relation to the incident, because I guess it leaves a strange sort of... stain on your soul? Just one of those things you can never forget I guess.

Stay Safe, everyone. Remember the Fallen.

#1 Shevanel, Sep 11, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2010
  2. GoinStag

In Loving Memory

I remember I was in 2nd grade when it happened. I didn't end up starting school 'till I was 4th grade.

Well, anyways I remember it being in the morning and hearing my loud next door neighbor just screaming like "what's going on?!" and my Mom turned on the TV and it was all over the place. Apparently schools were just closing all over the place.

---------- Post added 11th Sep 2010 at 12:05 PM ----------

I didn't really understand what was going on. People had to explain it to me.

3. Jeremy

I was in middle school, and my mom was freaking out that morning, but I still had to go [walk] to school. The whole situation (among parents, staff, faculty, etc.) I think was handled poorly as it only freaked out the kids.

4. Nomad187

My uncle died in the attack. May he and all those lost rest in peace

5. x2x2x2x2y2

I was in 3rd grade when it happened. I remember my teacher turned on the tv and showed us the news. I don't think I really understood exactly what was going on, but I just knew it was something really sad and messed up.

R.I.P. to everyone who had died there.

6. peaceandlies

I remember. it was horrible on the news. i just didnt understand who could do that sort of thing. i know better now...

RIP