1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

voting in the primaries?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by yourillusion, Sep 14, 2010.

1. yourillusion

My state has a primary today, and I'm trying to decide if I should vote. Many folks are running uncontested. I'm an independent which in my state means I can chose which parties primary to vote in. But I'm not particularly vested in any candidates and don't know a whole lot about them.

Should I go read up and vote? Do any of you guys vote in your primaries?

2. lostinthought9

You should go read up and vote.

I haven't yet voted, but I just got registered to vote not too long ago, and I'm definitely excited about it. :slight_smile: (I'm such a nerd when it comes to this stuff)

3. Gerry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah I voted back in June when we had our primary. I usually always vote.

4. Miss Modular

I vote in primaries, primarily because it forces me to look at the candidates before everything gets all crazy and it becomes much more difficult to sift through information in the regular election and because it helps to shape the ideological stance within the party - conservative, moderate, or liberal.

5. yourillusion

Congrats on registering! I'm usually pretty geeky about it also. It's exciting to be able to participate in the election process. I did end up going and voting tonight. :eusa_danc

6. Nodnarb

I voted this summer eventhough there were only two contested primaries on the Democratic side (and no Democrats at all running for county office in my lovely deep red home county). One of them I was very excited about voting for, and she won easily. In Iowa you have to be registered with the party whose primary you are voting in, so I had to officially register as a Democrat. It was pretty cool feeling sending in my first ballot.