1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question for people who have cats :)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by MusicIsLife, Sep 15, 2010.

1. MusicIsLife

(I'm not even sure if this is in the right place. so sorry in advance if it isnt)

So in my house, we have 4 cats. In a lot of ways they were rescues. Anyway, the one cat that has really bonded with me is a little black cat named Tiger. Shes my baby, and she meows at my door if i close it, she sleeps on my bed constantly, she pines if im away from home for more than a few days, etc.

So I had this chair that i was using as my computer desk chair in my room. It was decaying, I've had it for pretty much ever, and i desperately needed a new chair.

So I bought a cheap one, and put the old one in the hall, and I planned to throw it out the following day.

No such luck. Its been a week and the chair is still there. Why? because my cat has taken to sleeping on it. My mom moved it to the front entrance, and the only result we got was Tiger sat in the spot where the chair was in the hall, and she either glares or meows at me.

Now, I want to wean her off this chair without upsetting her, cause im pretty sure she sleeps on it cause it smells like me. And like I said, this cats my baby. She even has a pendant in the shape of a crown on her collar that reads "Queen". I really spoil this cat.

Advice on how to get rid of the chair? (Apart from just tossing it of course.)

PS: I'm pretty sure this post will make me sound insane, thats okay though.

2. Lady Gaga

Lady Gaga Guest

1. Why would you think Entertainment is the right place? Just curious..
    2. Just throw the chair away. Cats don't really care where they sleep unless it's really comfortable. And even if you take that away, they won't really care because they're cats. They'll just find somewhere else to sleep. I mean, most likely it will forget about the chair in a day or two anyways.

3. MusicIsLife

1. Because cats are entertaining :grin: I'm kidding, in my brain it seemed to make more sense than Chit Chat.
    2. Cats hold grudges. 'Nuff said.

4. Lady Gaga

Lady Gaga Guest

Cats hold grudges when you go on vacation and leave them for a week.

They don't hold grudges when you move a place to sleep. They sleep everywhere. lol

5. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've shifted the thread to Chit Chat, pet questions are a better fit here :slight_smile:
    Can you try something like putting a pillow on the chair for a while so the cat becomes familiar with it, then moving the chair and leaving the pillow?

6. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You might try this.

1. Get a pad or an old blanket that the cat might sleep on. One of our cats LOVES the "Purr Padd". The other one doesn't care about it one way or the other.

2. Put it on your new computer chair and sit on it for the next week or so.

3. Move the pad to the old chair. See if she sits on top of the pad. Presumably she will.

4. Get rid of the chair, but keep the pad. You can put it on the floor if you think she'll go for it, or put it on a box or something if she wants to be off the floor.

Lex