1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Traffic light party

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by steve1310, Sep 26, 2007.

1. steve1310

Thornlands ( about 40 mins out of Brisbane )
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    iv been invited to a traffic light party and im not sure if i should go. A traffic light party is where we have to wear either green, yellow or red

GREEN-Single
    YELLOW-I dont know
    RED-taken

Only one person nows that i am gay so i think that i will be put in a weird position because i would be wearing somthing green and i hardely no anybody going. the thing is with the people going to this party is that they are really out there .
    so im not sure if i should go or not- what do u think ?

P.S this would be my first offical party

2. Grof142007

Go Go Go! sounds like fun ... but im confuse by yellow what do they man by i dont know? ( do they not know if there taken or not?)

3. davo-man

I would say go, but that's cos I think parties are really fun. I guess it could potentially be awkward if you wore green and girls kept coming up to you, but I reckon if you wore yellow, then they would be a little bit more hesitant.

Or else, you could wear green and just say that they arent your type if they do come up to you in that way

Anyway, I think it would be fun, and with people who are "out there", things tend to be really interesting and fun

btw, the way that Ive heard it is that yellow means that you have someone specific in mind (like you have a crush on a particular person) and dont wanna be hassled by heaps of ppl, but it mght be diff in diff parties

4. LorenzG1950

Go but wear yellow. Then become an observer until you figure out the mix, like are there other gay folks there. Maybe bring an extra green T-shirt just in case there are hot prospects. :slight_smile:

5. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If the people who are going are "really out there," it could be quite the party. Maybe wear a green shirt with a big male symbol on it? *grin*

You know, the ♂ one... just way bigger.

But yeah, apart from that wear yellow. Or green if you don't mind turning down girls.

Or a green shirt that says "I like boys" That would actually be really cute. But yeah, not exactly what you want to do if you don't want everyone and their dog to know.

6. surfrboykai

i've never heard of a traffic light party...i feel outta the loop

7. neverover

how bout green, with 'nobody knows im gay' on it? out? u mean, evryone on the party is gay, and 'out'? or 'out' in terms of outdoor, or...? i suppose yellow is for sumone who are taken, but wanna have sum fun a.k.a. cheating.. but not sure bout it.

8. jman77

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    for a dance my school was going to be traffic light theme...yellow is more like they are trying to get to someone so they dont know if they are single blah something like that

but the advisor said green yellow red and then black for people who arent into the opposite sex so gay or bi... he was halfway kidding but anyways we didnt have it

i would say go to the party. ive gone to parties that i thought i might not have that much fun but just hanging out with friends can be fun and who knows you might meet someone

9. Bryan

Never miss a good party, they are too much fun!! Just wear yellow

10. steve1310

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    what dose yellow really mean ?

11. ALieToDieFor

Texas City,TX but Huntington beach,california atm
    says it all

12. steve1310

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    i am going to go
    but wear a white t-shirt with a yellow ribbon around my upper arm lol

13. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Uhm... okay... what are you going to tell people that means? *grin*

14. steve1310

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    i just like the colour white lol and so that i can take off the ribbon when ever i want to,

15. davo-man

I hope you have a good time, Im sure you will...Parties are usually a lot of fun, so just cut loose and (as the Levi ad tells us) dance like no ones watching and dress like everyone's watching

PS The dance like no one was actually originally from the first ep of Scrubs (Elliot says, "Carla, at the start of this year I made a pact which as to dance like no one's watching, which I do at home with all the blinds closed in case anyone actually is watching" or sometihng like that...srry, me and my friend were having a Scrubs trivia contest yesterday so i have it on my mind

PPS...what did you mean ALieToDieFor when you said "That says it all"? just out of interest

16. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Actually, they might have used that on Scrubs but they didn't come up with it--it's a really well-known quotation, although I can't find proper attribution for it.

Similarly, Kurt Cobain might have said "I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not" but he was totally ripping off Andre Gide, who first said:

"It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not."
    Andre Gide
    French critic, essayist, & novelist (1869 - 1951)
    When quotations get misattributed like that, it's like saying "To be or not to be" originates with Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country. :lol:

17. davo-man

sorry Joeyconnick...just what i remembered when i thought of it...thanks for the info tho

hehe, We're studying Hamlet in English this year (actually I should be revising it right now)...and did you (and everyone else) know that The Lion King is based (in very general terms) on Hamlet (With the uncle killing the brother, usurping the throne, exiling the son and the son coming back to take his rightful place)...its confirmed by Disney, so Im not just pulling that from my butt....similarly The Lion King 2 is based on Romeo and Juliet (as is West Side Story) and Lion King 1.5 is based on The Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Diaries (or whatever it was called)...interesting facts for the day :grin: