1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Article Help.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by KatzInHatz, Sep 28, 2010.

1. KatzInHatz

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I have to write an article for my Newswriting class and if anyone could answer the following questions it would help. :slight_smile:

Why is plaid so popular at the moment?
    Why do/don't you wear plaid?

Thanks to anyone who took the time to answer

2. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I can answer the questions.

1. I didn't even notice plaid was "popular".
    2. I don't wear plaid because it's usually predominately red, and I don't like red.

...but I'm feeling that won't help your article any. :slight_smile:

Lex

3. kettlkorn

1. Ditto to Lex
    2. I wear plaid when I'm cutting firewood, but that's only because it makes me feel manly. :slight_smile:

4. Numfarh

Numfarh Guest

1. Lesbians! But really, lesbians. I think it may have a bit to due with appropriating male fashions and feminizing them. Of course, I don't think this was consciously on the mind of any of the designers who initially started the trend, but I think it may be rooted in a reworking of our thoughts on what is masculine and what is feminine.
    2. I don't own any. I don't wear any because my breasts are too large for most button down shirts and it causes puckering around the buttons. Wholly unattractive. But if I could find a shirt that was fitted to my body type, I'd wear it. Because of the lesbians.

:grin:

#4 Numfarh, Sep 29, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 29, 2010
  5. xCrazyInsanity

trends come and go. it's an old pattern that's come back

i don't much, because i already have enough trouble with not passing i don't need people assuming i'm a lesbian on that stupid stereotype :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
    that and i can't find dress shirts that fit. i'm kinda short-but-not which is annoying.

6. OontzOontzOontz

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I suppose the popularity depends on what area you are in. In East Tennessee, plaid is somewhat popular, but I've seen more girls wearing Nike shorts (the short-shorts) and Toms shoes. As for guys... I'm not so sure, but plaid isn't that common.

I don't look good in plaid and I like solid colors better.

7. 4 seat

I had no idea plaid was in. I have the worst fashion sense.

So, I don't cuz I didn't know it was in, ha.

8. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Wouldn't say it's so popular, but definitely in... I agree with someone above, I think it's an old style come back in. As for shorts idk.

I have 2 plaid long sleeved button up shirts, one my mom made me get kinda (I kinda liked it, but idk if I'll look good with it), the other uncle got me. Haven't worn them yet because it's been hot. XD But idk if I could pull them off. It seems plaid shirts only look good on certain people... =x Oh well. I'll wear them sometime because I'll feel bad never wearing clothes. As for shorts I will wear plaid shorts. :slight_smile: Because I like them. I used to hate them, but now I like them...

9. Rikudo

Really I don't see alot of people wearing it. I live in the Midwest and the only people I see wearing plaid is farmers.

I've never really been into plaid. I can't even remember the last time I owned a plaid shirt. It always seemed like it was made of itchy material and was too hot. But now I'd quite honestly like to get some. XD