1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

States that forbid Gay Sex

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Hydrogen, Sep 27, 2007.

1. Hydrogen

After another thread about the age of consent, and someone being surprised about same gender sex being outlawed in some states, I decided to make a list of all the states that outlaw same gender sex.

Outlawed both Male/Male and Female/Female (Note, the law may not be enforced, but the fact they exist is sick to me)
    Alabama
    Florida
    Idaho
    Kansas
    Louisiana
    Mississippi
    Missouri
    North Carolina
    South Carolina
    Texas
    Utah
    Virginia
    Wyoming

States that have different Age Of Consent laws for same gender sex ( Example: I do not understand why they think you only need to be 16 to have sex with a girl, but 18 to have sex with a guy?)
    Sate | Male/Female Age of consent | M/M, F,F Age of consent

Colorado - 15 18
    Montana - 16 18
    Nevada - 16 18
    New Hampshire - 16 18
    Washington - 16 18
    W. Virginia - 16 18

So, anyone mad like I am over this?

2. tinkerbell

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Re: Stats that forbid Gay Sex

WA? Pah. F*&^ing bigots. I'm irritated as well over Washington's stats, but they are trying to sort it out.

3. ALieToDieFor

Texas City,TX but Huntington beach,california atm

yeah I live in texas( not right now but i live there still)..no wonder no one ever comes out in my school except for girls...and just 2 guys ( 1 being me)

4. Bryan

yeah, but those laws were made a million years ago, and should be repealed. Like in FL, despite the fact that gay sex and adoption are "illegal" here, the sex one is never enforced, and some parts of S. FLA are very gay friendly, like Ft. Laurderdale, South Beach and Key West

5. Hydrogen

I just realized, that I also mis-spelled states in the topic subject.. Mods, can you fix this so I don't look so dumb. :slight_smile:

woot... 100 post

6. surfrboykai

yah, unfortunately, i live in ft. lauderdale (don't worry o'ahu, i'm comin home soon!) and there's a huge gay community. there's like, 2 "gay towns" and a gay beach

7. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

But... as I tried to say in the other thread, it doesn't (or at least shouldn't) matter whether those laws (the ones banning gay sex, at least) are on the books because of the Lawrence v. Texas decision by the US Supreme Court. It's not that those laws aren't being enforced--it would be illegal to enforce them under that decision. Yes, it does suck that they're on the books but there are a lot of stupid laws which are still on the books which more recent law has rendered obsolete/inapplicable.

That is... you can have a law on the books and not enforce it (weird ones like no shooting arrows down a city's main street or something like that). Technically, though, that law is still binding. With the Lawrence decision, any law in any state that tries to ban gay sex would be overturned because it would be illegal as a result of the decision. That's a lot stronger than "not enforced." That's "doesn't count."

And yeah it would be nice to get those anti-gay sex laws off the books in the various states that still have them... but there are probably more fruitful legal battles to fight.

8. Ilayis

Ilayis Guest

such bull

9. sngl

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

I guess that someone was me....but it seems those laws aren't being applied any longer, which isn't much, but at least you don't get arrested for having gay sex! (BTW, until 2002 if you were caught having same gender sex in Romania, you were going to jail).

But what about the different ages of consent? It sounds a bit like, if you're gay then you're probably too stupid to decide to have sex until you're 18, or maybe they were thinking that if they don't let you have sex until you're 18, maybe you'll change your mind and "become" straight...:rolleyes: But if you're you're straigh, 16 is enough. :icon_roll

10. Kimi

Alabama is so stupid!!

They even starts to close sex toy stores!! I am so mad that Alabama is forbiding gay sex but I am so mad that people just don't care!! Well, I guess that's the south:confused:

Southern states are CRAZY!!!!

11. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

TriBi did it. :wink:

12. Gera-Kun

OMFG. I'M FREAKIN PISSED! WHY THE HELL IS IT FORBIDDEN HERE?!?!?!?! FUCKING HATERS!
    Yeah, i'm with you, Hydrogen!

13. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

It's not about relative intelligence... it's about gay sex being viewed as corruptive, so the idea is you want to prevent people (i.e. children/minors) from experiencing it for as long as possible.

That is, it's all very much wrapped up in a "save the children" mentality and also a "children = innocent" fantasy.

Sex in that worldview is very much not innocent, and gay sex is the dirtiest, lowest form of sex of all, so sweet young pure children must be protected from it for as long as possible.

What's interesting is that in states that don't ban it but do have different ages of consent for different sexual acts--it's like... I dunno... well we have it and we know some people are gonna want to do it but we think it's dirty but we can't stop them but we will delay it.

And yeah, it's also, as you point out, very much based on the idea that pure, noble straightness will "win out" if you give it some more time aka the "he just hasn't met the right girl yet" fallacy.

14. Ty

Ty Guest

Bastards....should petition against that

15. Perrygay

Perrygay Guest

You forgot GEORGIA!

16. Grof142007

Screw NC i need a new home state

17. Hydrogen

Actually, I was very surprised to find out that in July 2002 they repealed the law banning same gender sex in GA, and the M/M & F/F age of consent is now 16, the same as Georgia's M/F age of consent.

18. Zaurak

Just letting all of you know some back-ground info and correcting some misinformation.
    Sodomy laws were upheld by Bowers v. Hardwick, which was a United States Supreme Court decision that upheld the constitutionality of a Georgia sodomy law that criminalized oral and anal sex in private between consenting adults. But then in 2003, a case was brought up in Texas that argued against the criminalization of same-sex sexual relationships. Eventually it reached the US Supreme Court which was the case of Lawrence v. Texas, and the Supreme Court found that "the intimate, adult consensual conduct at issue here was part of the liberty protected by the substantive component of the Fourteenth Amendment's due process protections." Thereby repealing all other anti-sodomy laws throughout the US.

19. Zaurak

yay for legalizzed gay sex :slight_smile:

20. gilca

damn and i live in winter park flso its illegal for me:tears: :tantrum: