1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Human Sexuality Paper

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Level N Human, Sep 28, 2007.

1. Level N Human

Hi :slight_smile: I've got to write a reaction paper for human sexuality and I thought interviewing you guys would be a good topic for my paper.

If you guys want to answer a few questions and help me out that'd be great!

I'll see if there are any volunteers, and in the meantime I'll think up some questions. If you think there are questions that need to be asked and LGBT issues that need to be spoken about, feel free to delegate them to me. :grin: (Yeah I need help thinking up questions too. Heh..)

Thanks to anyone who decides to participate. If you've got any interesting stories about an experience you don't mind me writing about (You will remain anonymous), you can share those too.

2. TeeBe

I am too tired to think up deep and compelling questions at the moment (it is 4am here...) but I will gladly help answer some.

3. Ilayis

Ilayis Guest

always fun to answer questions.bring them on,I can take it!

4. sngl

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I volunteer too! I like answering questions, but I'm not so good at thinking them up...:slight_smile:

5. George1

George1 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sure I'll answer some! :grin: Well as long as I can remain anonymous..

6. Kimi

Sure!! Why not:thumbsup:

Bring it(or them) on, baby:icon_wink

7. davo-man

Yeah, sure Ill do it...let me know what the questions are and Ill get back to you

8. ALieToDieFor

Texas City,TX but Huntington beach,california atm
    The only question(s) I ever wondered were:
    Why is this such a bad thing?
    How come I am the one who has to be different?
    *pause* My noise just cleared up and I can smell my cologne agian!!! woot!
    *continue*
    Why do I prefer boys over girls?
    Why is it I have to hide this secret from the world just to make everyone else happier?

9. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

I'll gladly answer a few questions if responses from older members are useful. Post them here or send a PM, whichever you prefer. If you're quoting peoples answers in your paper it'd be best to just use a first name or nickname (enough to distinguish between different people in the paper, but not enough to actually identify anyone).

10. Jim1454

I'd be ok answering questions too - if you're looking for feedback from people my age (36).

11. pirateninja

I'm okay with answering questions if you like

12. Ty

Ty Guest

Sure! would be fun:grin:

13. Bryan

I would love to answer some questions, also if you want some stories, I would be happy to give you my two coming out stories. Just let me know.

14. Oooh I wanna help! Pick me pick me!

15. Perrygay

Perrygay Guest

16. tinkerbell

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I'd love to help!

17. Level N Human

Yes! Older members are encouraged to participate, since they grew up during a time when homophobia was much more prevalent and they didn’t have as many resources to turn to. I want as wide a range of people as possible!

Send me your answers in a private message or just post it up on this thread. Whichever you prefer.

Also, if there are any questions that don’t apply to you, or you don’t want to answer, you don’t have to answer them.

1. First provide an alternate name I can use to refer to you in the paper. (Good idea Paul, I don’t want it to sound all statistical and cold: Person #1, Person B, Person Pi, etc.)

2. Would you be satisfied with civil union having all the benefits of and being on par with marriage? Or does marriage hold ideologies for you that you don’t think could be replaced by anything else?

3. For those of you who are religious: Does your religion and orientation conflict? If so, how do you deal with it?

4. When did you first realize you were homosexual/bisexual?
    5. When did you accept it?
    6. If you are out, describe the first time you came out to anyone. (How did they react?/How did you feel?/etc.)

7. For the more advanced generations, ☺, Describe how it is different growing up homosexual/bisexual back then and today.

8. Share anything else you’d like to, or that you think is important!

If I have more questions, I'll be back to ask, but seeing as how I have so many willing volunteers, :slight_smile: I think I'd be lucky to fit all of you into one paper.

Thanks to everyone who participates,
    And thanks to everyone else on EC who has ever supported another person as well!

It's not a bad thing!
    Everyone is different in different ways.
    Congrats on your nose!
    Same reason why some boys prefer girls over boys.
    For one thing, it'd make me much happier if you didn't have to hide it. ^^

#17 Level N Human, Sep 28, 2007
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2007
  18. Latinokid

Latinokid Guest

Um u can call me Carlos lol.I think marrige would be more fitting because str8 ppl have it too and we are not different we are all humans and since i was raised chatholic it would also be cool. But idk when ill get married lol.Um im not religious i just believe in god when i need him.I realized i was gay in like 6th/7th grade i liked lloking at guys not girls.I accepted it recently like fully embraced it when i found EC.When i came out the first time it was to my closets friend first i said it was a joke then i told him again and said it was serious he took it well and said he cudnt judge me and to do my thing lol i lubs him. I felt soo nervous my heart was like beating 10000 times per minute.

19. pirateninja

1. First provide an alternate name I can use to refer to you in the paper. (Good idea Paul, I don’t want it to sound all statistical and cold: Person #1, Person B, Person Pi, etc.)

My alternate name can be....... ummmm how about Emma

2. Would you be satisfied with civil union having all the benefits of and being on par with marriage? Or does marriage hold ideologies for you that you don’t think could be replaced by anything else?

To me, I can't understand why a civil union can't be called marriage, it does have the benefits of a proper marriage, but this is another way for "the haters" to feel as if they are better than gay people, because they can do stuff that gay people can't, they can call a marriage a marriage, wheras gay people have to settle for civil union.

3. For those of you who are religious: Does your religion and orientation conflict? If so, how do you deal with it?

Not that religious so can't really answer this one

I think a part of me has always known it. I had strange crushes on girl friends even from a very young age, I didn't realise this was not normal, I just thought every one felt that way. But I was always the odd one out, the one that never fit in to the norm. Girls my age were always talking about lip gloss and mobile phones and boys, this was at about age 11-13, and I didn't see what all the fuss was about. But I wanted to be liked, so I played along, I pretended to like boys, I pretended to be in love with all of Westlife, I pretended to have a wardrobe full of pink tight tops and push up bras, but this wasn't me. And I wasn't happy, I spent most of my time on my own, playing football with myself and writing stories, then I changed school. I made friends, friends who were more accepting of the fact that I was different. And it was during that time, I developed more (of what I thought as) perverted crushes, on female teachers and friends, and one friend in particular. Because of sex education, I learned what a homosexual was, and tossed the idea in my head for a long time.

When I was about 14-15, I kind of realised that I was a lesbian, and was a bit afraid of it to be honest. I think my friends suspected it but I knew some other people who were gay and my same friends treated them no differently after they came out.

6. If you are out, describe the first time you came out to anyone. (How did they react?/How did you feel?/etc.)

Somebody actually asked me "So do you like any boys?" and I replied with "I don't like boys, I prefer girls" they then said "So you're a lesbian then?" and I kind of just replied with "Yeah, I am" and they just said "Oh, cool". I felt a lot better after that and had the courage to come out to a lot of other people.

7. For the more advanced generations, ☺, Describe how it is different growing up homosexual/bisexual back then and today.

Now being a lesbian is part of who I am, and I am proud of who I am. There is no reason why anybody should feel uncomfortable about who they are

20. SpikySpice

They call me Cookie, but most of them call me Spiky :grin: you can call me Spiky then :slight_smile:

Well, I think peopel should accept gay marriage, and I am not satisfied with the way gay marriage are being banned in some places. Since America adopted the Declaration of Independence and Bill Of Rights, they should adopt the Declaration of Gay Rights. It a free country now, and everyone can enjoy the freedome of expression, and gay marriage should be allowed, more or less, peopel should reallize that gay love is also as normal as straight love, becaus eit is love, not hate

Im a Christian, and I read from some resources on the internet that gay and Christian have big struggles.
    One time as I watched Tyra Bank show, a lady said that God will punish those who are gay because we make America doomed, and she said if we dont repent, we will all go to hell, which made me so furious. Then why do God create people who are gay then they all have to go to hell
    I dont care, I will be gay forever, and I dont care, because I dont do nothing wrong. Im a gay Christian

I was first reallized that I was gay when I was in elementary school, around 7 years old. I started to have feelings for guys and like to look at them

I accepted myself right away, because to me, it was not a big thing, it was ok, though I didnt come out at that time, but I was happy about who I am, because nobody could hurt me

I started to come out to the world 7more than half a year ago. The 1st person was my sister. Actually, I accidently came out to her, and she was pretty ok with it. But she just kept telling me that gay is wrong and such and such. But she didnt hate me or anything, all she wanted was that I can turn into a straight guy, but that will never happen, because when a nail is stuck in a wall, you cant get it out.
    My friends are my supporters, and I just sit here watching the reaction chain as they tell people my real person without moving a muscle

Before, the society didnt accept homosexual as much as for now , because now teh gay population increased a lot, and we have lots of activities like gay prides.
    Before, it was not easy to be a gay person, you didnt have the internet to get help from others gay people, you didnt have many gay communities an dhot lines, and it was much much harder to come out. Since today, Im pretty happy to have more opportunity to get help from people. And as you can see, more people are open to gay than before

Well, I am gay and I am proud of myself. I have a dream that one day peopel will accpect us, and they treat us the same as they treat themselves, and I hope that gay people wont be scared to come out, and accept themselves, rather than trying to ddeny it and have to do something that is not good at all.

Being gay makes me stronger and more confident

It dosent matter who you become, you are still you, you have to accapt yourself, people need to accept you, because being gay is not a bad thing or a wrong thing, you have to be proud of yourself, and Im glad that we have gay pride months in the year

It's important to keep going when you think you will fall, it dosnet matter how life treat you as a gay person, you can not die, because you have to be strong and get over it

I wish I can live till the day that gay people are happy and fully accepted

Dont be afraid of love, but hate, gay love is not wrong, and you should be proud of it!