1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trying to find somebody.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by British Lad, Oct 7, 2010.

1. British Lad

British Lad Guest

Well here I goes, I am lonely and looking for love but I am only 17 (18 in 4 months) is there any on-line dating site for gay teens or should I wait for another 4 months and join an adult one as I have never, and I repeat never had a parter and I want one Bad and I is getting to the point were I am think I am going to loose My mind If I don't get one and I am getting all depressed about it. so can anybody help?

2. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    A bunch of things. First off, yes, wait. Once you're eighteen, your options will open up a lot more. Secondly, I'd suggest NOT joining one the day you turn 18. Only because you don't sound like you're ready. Not right now. For some reason, you've become so desperate for a boyfriend that your "vetting process" is almost certainly not going to be operating correctly. You sound like you're in the position that "any boyfriend is better than no boyfriend", and you have NO idea how misguided that perception is. I can send you dozens of guys who can speak from experience, and can tell you that it's always better to be single than to be in a bad relationship.

Since you've got four months, I'd suggest using it wisely. Start working on yourself. Not physically, but emotionally. If your main mindset is "I need to be in a relationship or I'll go crazy", you're not going to bring anything to the table except clinginess. And most people really aren't looking for that from their boyfriends. Start thinking about what you CAN bring to a relationship. Not what the boyfriend can do for you, but what you can do for the boyfriend. What sort of person do you need to be in order to be a good boyfriend? This answer is of course going to change depending on the guy involved, but there's a lot of things that are true of every positive relationship. Start giving that some thought. Also, start thinking about what sort of guys would be BAD people to get into a relationship with. This will help you recognize some potential problems before you jump in with both feet.

I'd like to advise all other ECers that on this site, we do NOT mention dating or hook-up sites by name. Thank you. :slight_smile:

Lex