1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Making people laugh

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Ilayis, Sep 29, 2007.

1. Ilayis

Ilayis Guest

What is the funniest thing you remember ever doing or saying to make somebody laugh?

I still laugh at that one!

2. Ty

Ty Guest

In my school, we are 10th years, so were like some of the oldest now...and a 7th year girl walks past and my friend randomly screams at her

LMAO her reaction was so funny

XD

3. pirateninja

I went into sixth form this september (UK wise year 12) which means we wear white shirts in our school as opposed to the younger students who wear blue, and some year 7s (who are the youngest year in our school) who we passed in the corridor suddenly fell silent and as we walked away we heard "we shouldn't disturb them, they're clever". Of course we all walked away laughing. I never realised just how much the year 7s are afraid of us.

4. Jeimuzu

Hahaha yeah, the little year 7 kids were always quite easy to tease.

I'm a second year student at Teesside Uni, and I'm always making remarks about all these 'little firsties', knowing full well that a large percentage are older than me.

I can't remember the last thing I did to make a load of people laugh... annoyingly, I can remember saying something and having the whole table start laughing, but I can't for the life of me remember what it was that I'd said.

It's quite cool, though... I know a load of third years, and we just all tease each other mercilessly.

5. Jerr

In my Intro to Computing II class we were playing on word. (It is a class for older people on how to use the computer and basic things... and my easy A) We were replacing words and we replaced Carbohydrate with Cookie... so we had complex cookies... I informed her that I didn't like complex cookies... I liked simple cookies... ya know like get some cookie doe and throw it in the oven... 12 minutes later nummy cookies... nothing complex about my cookies... except the amazing taste that is...

no Idea why I even started talking but I just wouldn't stop... until the amazing part then I realized... I was in a computer class... talking to the CLASS and not thinking to myself... I duno the stupidity of the whole thing made us laugh but it probably isn't funny to anyone else...

...I like my simple cookies...

6. SpikySpice

:slight_smile: i dont know anything to say to make people laugh....

7. ALieToDieFor

Texas City,TX but Huntington beach,california atm
    Well it happened today actually

We are doing this video for a class project and in the scene alot of people die.
    My friends are all crazy as am I and when i went to the ground one of the pokes me in the butt with his platic sword so i get up and my butts in the air
    another friend comes behind me and pelvis thrust me my friend 9 lets call her sandy)
    Says "surprise buttsecks" in a real sqeaky voice.
    So we all join in :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

8. I'll do quite a few things to get a laugh, actually.

What people seem find the most amusing is watching me dance, mainly because I'm so bad at it. :rolleyes:

9. Zec24

Oh man, people love to watch me dance too because I am awful as well. But I love to act a fool when dancing, especially if I know the people who are watching me.

10. I can make people laugh with anything I say because I have an abundance of sarcasm. There's like so much I could post but the list would be huge haha.

11. Vampyrecat

Erm... I can't actually remember. I'm not really that much of a "funny girl." I'm sadly very quiet, nerdy and bookish.
    BUT, occasionally, I come out with gold stuff.

Example one.
    Me and my brother were sitting on the couch watching TV. My mum was folding the laundry behind us and watching TV too. I spot the cat at the door and let her in, before picking her up, and holding her, cos she's warm and furry and I like cats.
    So I'm sitting on the couch, patting my cat, and she's looking really grumpy cos I'm patting her and not feeding her.
    My brother chips in with :
    "I think you'll find she hates you and wants to be set free."
    And I just said
    "I think you'll find you should SHUT UP!" and my mother just roared with laughter for ten minutes at least, started crying with laughter, and then the cat jumped out of my arms cos mummy scared her.
    Apparently it was funny, because I NEVER say stuff like that.

Example two.
    My friend : Hey this class is awesome!
    Me : Damn Straight! ahah It's funny cos I'm not!
    Cue bewildered expression on other peoples faces as me and my friend laugh..

Oh.
    C*nt Crispies FTW!

12. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I use humor alot when I am speaking in front of people because it relieves my tension.

I prefer to remember funny things that other people have said to me. For instance, I have this kind of naive' sister-in-law. There was one time she told me her husband went "cantaloupe hunting". I said what? She repeated it and then I said "Julie, you mean he went antelope hunting?" I nearly died laughing. Then another time her husband had just had a vasectomy. Well some of you may not know this but after a man has this operation, they have to go into the doctor and leave a sample of semen to make sure it worked. Well, he did this. She made the phone call to see if he was fine so they could resume their marital relations but instead of saying "vasectomy", she asked how his circumcision turned out? I imagine the whole clinic was in hysterics over that one!

Of course, I work with kids and they are always doing something or saying something funny! One time I had some Jiffy Pop popcorn leftover from a camping trip. Knowing that probably all my kids had used microwave popcorn and that probably none of them had ever watched Jiffy Pop, I called them in from outside to watch. I showed them the pan. Had them guess what it was. None of them knew. So I put it on the stove and started shaking. As it started to pop, they realized what it was. The top grew bigger and bigger and little 3 year old Kristina says "Becky! IT'S A MIRACLE!" Kristina is 15 now and still e-mails me. :slight_smile:

Another time, same kid. My husband is removing his shoes after work. He tends to get sawdust in his shoes so he's picking this out of between his toes. She asks him what he's doing and he says he is taking off his shoes so he can go take a bath. His feet are dirty. So as she's walking away she says to him "Don't poop in the bathtub!" Ya think somebody had said that to her at one time? :roflmao:

One time we were studying the Beauty of Nature in my preschool program. My brother is an avid hunter. I would rather them see the animals roaming freely in the open fields. LOL So I was trying to influence my nephew and balance out this "killing stuff" that his Dad had taught him. It was Christmas time so we went out to get the mail and he helped me open my Christmas cards. On one card, there was Santa and a reindeer. My nephew got all excited and said "There's Santa! He shot a deer!" I knew then my efforts had failed miserably. :icon_bigg

13. YES!

14. davo-man

"Its a miracle!"

That made me laugh just then...I can just imagine the wide eyed look of surprise :shrug: :bulb: :eek:

15. jman77

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    just a few days ago me and my friend were driving to a soccer game and someone in the opposite lane was driving and i waved to them and they waved back. my friend started laughing and then we almost went off the road lol they couldnt stop laughing that i did that and they waved back

i also remember once i think i was in 8th grade someone asked something about sign language... so i said "i speak sign language" but then i started asking if that was the right thing to say and continue to try it with i sign sign language, i do sign language and stuff like that... the teacher even laughed but still no one really knew how to say it

me and my friends laugh about 24/7

16. Jerr

Slut Muffin.

My favorite insult/pet name. (Depending on the contexts. It is either a polite insult or a funny pet name.)

17. Omg I call my cat that lmao.

18. Rette

I had my sister ordained (as in, she now legally a priest) as a prank. I count that as the funniest thing I have ever done.

I did it by faking being her on one of those ordination-over-the-internet things. She's now a priest of the Universal Life Church.

19. surfrboykai

me and my friend/co-worker go to las olas a lot. las olas is like, rich art galleries and rich coffee shops and like, the "it" restaurants. so, we'll be driving by and like, we'll scream out weird things like "you'll never afford it!" or "bitch, he's cheating on you!" or "their chicken is really pigeon!" their reactions can be classic!

20. sngl

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I usually make people laugh because I say lots of things that don't make sense and then I'm the one who laughs at them because nobody else finds it funny...:dry: :lol: But I tend to laugh too much anyway...sometimes I try not to smile so much but I can't stop, it's like I'm smiling 99% of the time :roflmao: