1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

can this really be happing?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by girlxmenkz, Oct 12, 2010.

1. girlxmenkz

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    this is my last year in school so I'm trying to get everything I need in so far I have been doing really well but some people are trying to get me kick out none of them like me but i don't care about that it's when they bring up me being Bi, Wiccan, and a Juggalette they make fun of me and try to fight me but what really got me mad was when they brunt a cross in my yard put the word FAG on my locker and messed with my books for class putting things like YOU WILL BRUN IN HELL and WE HOPE YOU DIE Im trying my best to keep my cool but One day i will snap and go off I just don't know what to do :frowning2:

2. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Have you brought any of this up to the school? Because they're not supposed to sit idly by while this stuff takes place...

Lex

3. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    those are hate crimes, and THEY will being kicked out of school for them, not you.

4. Numfarh

Numfarh Guest

Is being a fan of ICP really not worth the teasing though? I mean, you heard they were actually evangelical Christians, right? I'll chalk it up to an angsty teen phase.

As for your other problems (aside from poor musical taste), I echo what others have said. Alert teachers/parents/other authority type figures. They should be able to protect you and reduce the bullying you are experiencing. And when you are faced with with the nasty messages and hateful talk, perhaps if no one listens and nothing is done about it, go to the press. Do an interview with a newspaper and don't be afraid to name names. Journalists eat conflict like this for breakfast and they would be more than happy to expose the school for ignoring the issue.

5. girlxmenkz

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    i have told a teacher and they talk to them and my mom too but i don't understan why cant they just be happy with who i am

6. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    >>>i have told a teacher and they talk to them and my mom too but i don't understan why cant they just be happy with who i am

Because they're teenagers. And as such, they're insecure. About who they are and what they are. All teens are, to some degree. And there's obviously nothing wrong with that. However, rather than simply accept that condition, and work on finding who they are...they find it easier to overpower their insecurities by harassing other students. In that "well, at least I'm not a freak like HER" sort of way. Because most people don't care if you're bi or Wiccan or anything else. It's the people who feel threatened by what you are and what you do who feel the need to lash out. Rather than work on feeling more comfortable with themselves, they try to push away the thing that makes them uncomfortable. And in this case, that's you.

How you react to their moves will help determine how they react in the future. If you stand your ground, if you keep your emotions in check, if you simply report what they did but don't back down from who and what you are...this highlights what's going on. THEY're the ones acting in an immature way. If you get overly emotional and try lashing back at them, it suggests that you're as insecure in your persona as they are in theirs. And that's not the message you want to send, because it'll encourage them to continue. By remaining as stoic as possible, you're sending a huge metaphorical "fuck you" to them. :slight_smile:

Lex

7. Emberstone

thats why we have the ACLU. document it, contact your local office, and set a lawyer on them.

8. djt820

Picking on people. Fucking miracles.

9. Geoffboyardee

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Oh god, I'm really sorry. I don't mean to be giving pity but this is something that I'm afraid of happening to me. I would also like advice on how to deal with this.