1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone here been in Amsterdam?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Super Trouper, Oct 16, 2010.

1. Well, my class has been planning to go to Amsterdam for our senior trip in 2012, and I'd really like to go, although we're not sure it's gonna be possible yet.
    And I was just wondering if anyone here has been to Amsterdam and what is it like. :icon_bigg

2. alan t

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yes it's pretty awesome. i was only there for like 2 days on the way to somewhere so i dont know much but from what i saw it's a nice place.

3. Corny

Corny Guest

it's a really awesome city. but very, very touristy - especially during the weekend. so try to do any museums etc during the week.

pro tip: you can buy tickets to most things in the same shop where you buy the bus/tram tickets just outside the main station. with those pre-bought tickets you can cut the lines :slight_smile:

4. Thanks for the tip :icon_wink

5. paco

paco Guest

it's alright. it is really touristy and the food is..well the food is pretty much american fast food. my advice would be to stay in a different city that is close by and take day trip(s) to amsterdam to see what you want to see. i thought Leiden was nice, and if it's the coffee shops you're interested i think they still have more than 70.

plus it's easier to get a "yes" from parents if the word Amsterdam isn't taking over their thoughts.

#5 paco, Oct 17, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 17, 2010
  6. I'm not worried about my parents, they'd be cool with it :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Unfortunately, we're not going to be able to go to Amsterdam after all, we'll probably just go to Barcelona instead... :icon_conf