1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out to a brother

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by potatay, Oct 19, 2010.

1. potatay

Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi everyone!!!

This is my first posting. I am not sure if this question has been posted before. So pretty much Sunday, October 17 I finally told 2 of my best friends that I am gay and they have been supportive about it. But they told me that they have suspected it from the beginning (7 years ago) that i am gay. they just waited for me to say it to them. Anyhow, i'm going to try to come out to my brother soon. I was hoping I can get an advise from you. what is the best way to approach this? My brother is in the navy and he is station in Japan. There is a time difference and he gets home pretty late so i don't want to wait for him to get home and talk to him :frowning2:. i think if i do call him it will be a lot harder for me to say it to him. I was thinking of just sending him an email and explain to him what is going on with me. Any advise will help. Thanks!!!

2. x2x2x2x2y2

An email sounds great. Just be honest with him about whatever you're feeling.

Good luck!! :slight_smile:

3. otc877

otc877 Guest

Hai thurrr.

An e-mail is a fine way to come out, especially in your situation. I'd take a look at the resource section, there's a few coming out letters on there that may be able to help you. http://emptyclosets.com/home/pages/resources/coming-out-letters.php

Also, if and when you write it, and you're comfortable to post it here we can give you feedback before you send it off.

Good luck!