1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

It's tough to live in Redneck Country

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by beckyg, Oct 1, 2007.

1. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    So it is hunting season. I can't drive to get my daycare kids from school without seeing dirty 4x4's towing trailers with 4 Wheelers with headless deer tied on. This just grosses me out. Makes me want to watch Open Season again! :lol:

#1 beckyg, Oct 1, 2007
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2007
  2. Rette

I know what you mean! My next door neighbour hangs his dead deer in his garage, and leaves the door open (the garage, of course, opens onto the street).

3. Bryan

Blech, that is disgusting!! Thankgod I live in liberal South Florida. If I ever saw someone driving around with a deer straped to their car, I would give them the finger, wait a minute, for some reason those nuts are allowed to have guns on them, I think I will just cut them off.

4. bvtsjm116

bvtsjm116 Guest

Eww, that would gross me out too.

5. Jerr

...I kind of like hunting... some.. SOME...

Ok I get bored easy and get willing to shoot like a tree... I just love shooting! I've killed deer before... taste mighty good... mmmm deer.... Gah can't wait till dad or mom kill one! (Me and my sister really don't hunt... I do one day on Thanksgiving as tradition with dad.)

EEE I'm stoked!
    We ran out of deer during the summer and I've been wanting some. Tastes SO good...

Friend Deer Stakes with Mashed Potatoes and Corn!!!!! Gah Taste bug orgasm!

6. xxAngelOnFirexx

ha that reminds me when we went up north this summer we were going fishing so we were in a hunting like area of Michigan. well there was all these hunters with their trucks and trailers. then we stopped to get some fishing rods at this hunting store and i complained loudly that it was murder to shoot things just to hang their heads as trophies and skins. my dad told me to shut up. then we went to put everything in the car and i wrote in the dirt "fishing is fun, hunting is MURDER" my dad got really pissed off at me. so i crossed off the second half and covered the whole back of the car in handprints with claw marks. needless to say dad wasn't very happy. but i just can't stand hunting. its like we got all this meat, even venicin in the store. why do you got to go off into the wild and kill the poor thing in its own home! buy it from the store where its farm raised and let the poor things live. its just sick.

7. jayden

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    what does redneck mean??? what is headless dear mean??? do you have 4wd over in your country we have heaps of them here

8. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    You and my brothers, Jerr! Ugh.... :dry:

#8 beckyg, Oct 1, 2007
  9. bvtsjm116

bvtsjm116 Guest

Jayden, I think a redneck is someone who lives in rural areas and is sort of... umm, odd, like a, how do I put this nice... a hick or hill-billie, but thats what I thought it means, but I am not sure.

Heres what the internet said:

But I don't think Becky was using it in a mean way... maybe? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Also, she meant to say headless deer, I don't know if they are in Australia but in the U.S. they are a type of animal, and people must hunt them there in Oregon. We have them in California but people don't hunt them...

[​IMG]

I assume when people hunt them they must chop there head off and hang them from the top of there car

yuck... lol

10. Louise

DISGUSTING but there are many 'real men' out therre that need to prove to the world that they, armed with their shotguns, are stronger than a defenceless ruminant or flighted bird... Very macho, very manly!!! :tantrum:

11. Vampyrecat

The reason people are called Rednecks, is because when America was a new country, there were a lot of labourers. There wasn't any sunscreen back then, and it is highly likely that there wasn't any machinery to do stuff like sowing and reaping fields and crops. Therefore, they spent a lot of time in the fields, bent over, getting sunburnt necks.
    Ergo -> Redneck.

And I'm so glad I'm a vegetarian.

12. Jim1454

That is rather gross. We don't see much of that in the Toronto area. People wouldn't want to scratch the paint on their BMW/Lexus/Land Rover SUVs! :grin:

For some people though, it's just a way of life, and they don't see anything wrong with it. We shouldn't lump all hunters into the 'red neck' category - some are quite responsible and are very concerned about conservation and the environment.

But I know some are just 'good ol' boys' that love any opportunity to go out and drink a few beers and shoot something. They are the scary ones, and no, I wouldn't give them the finger from my car for fear of having the back window shot out! :eek:

13. xxAngelOnFirexx

thats why my dad was so mad at me for writing anti-hunting slogan on the car! :lol:

ha i was talking to my mom about this and i loved her take. "men aren't proving they are macho or anything. all they prove is that they can sit still and be quiet for a while. and they have already proved they can sit for a long time." ha i love it!:roflmao:

14. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    All the people I know in this category of men, would not be offended at being called a redneck. lol They are proud of it!

15. Revealed

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I'm not a fan of hunting at all. I find it ridiculous that man ultimately decides what lives and what dies. The whole concept of venturing out into the bushland with the intention of killing an animal in it's own territory angers me. I don't understand how killing defenceless animals can be labelled as 'fun' or considered an occassion for 'family bonding'.

Clearly the animal is going to be defeated if the hunter is using a GUN and all the animal can do is RUN AWAY. I don't see any reason for hunters to gloat about their success when the odds are in their favour to begin with. But I'm sure even if the animal did attack back and defend itself, it would just get shot by other hunters anyway. So the idea of hunting just baffles me. I think hunting season is just an excuse for people to shoot at something without any real purpose behind it.

There is no hunting season in Australia (thank GOD!!) so it's not overly prevalent. But I do know that hunting does still exist by farmers, etc. I know some people who recently got their gun licences so that they could shoot rabbits, foxes and feral cats out in the bush or on rural properties. But then you also get complete IDIOTS who decide to shoot kangaroos as well.

16. Hydrogen

What I am about to tell you may freak you out like it did me...

So one day during my Trooper training, we were going over procedures for roadway obstructions, and someone brought up the topic of animals that are injured in the roadway, and what to do. My Sergeant stands up and says, "Now this is off-record, but I expect you to handle animals in my way, any animal who is injured and is not going to make a recovery should be put down with your shotgun, any deer dead or alive should be called into dispatch."

Doesn't sound bad right, well someone had to ask (me) why we had to radio in a dead deer... Turns out they keep a list of area hunters in the dispatch room and they select a name on the list at random, and the hunters come out, pickup the deer, take it home and eat it...

So next time you are trying to avoid running over a deer, remember if you hit it, you could be providing a free meal to one lucky "hunter" or as I like to call them lazy read necks.

I also found out this is normal procedure for many southern agency's.

17. Jerr

I decided to quote the above section because it contains sarcasm and I'm aware most don't catch my sarcasm... (How you don't after me being on this site for over 6 months escapes me but yeah.)

I guess I'm just evil that way. ....I should go shooting... I love that smell when you first fire a gun... gah amazing!

My mom's gun is AMAZING!!! The barrel is modified to reduce kick to pretty much nothing by having holes at the end of the barrel towards the tip. Like just the last inch. So it has its speed but the pressure goes out the sides instead of all out the end. OMG that thing is LOUD... it is amazing. I accidentally shot it w/o ear protection..... haha.... My ear rang for 2 hours... I loved it. lol If you are standing around the person shooting it... you feel a wave hit you. Like a wave of air press against you... GAH It is orgasmic... I'd be such an awesome hunter if I was patient... too bad. I get bored and shoot a bottle. lol I convince dad to throw it and I shoot it. (Has to have water in it... for distance and so I can tell I hit it.) I shot one we just set down... I thought I missed! (Which was sad considering I was only like 20 yards) Went up... nope right through the middle. lol Just didn't rock the bottle at all.....

#17 Jerr, Oct 2, 2007
  18. Jerr

Yeah buddy!!! lol

I manage to hide my redneck roots most of the time but if you get me excited about something... I really say yeah buddy... and I get the accent... lol Oh well! I'm proud of it! Might as well be isn't like I can change it.

Few hunt for the heads/skins... most hunt for the nummy meat! mmmm meat....

So you find one form of "murder" acceptable but the other, which is basically family to the other, not?

#18 Jerr, Oct 2, 2007
  19. Perrygay

Perrygay Guest

I live in Redneckville, Georgia; yup, it sucks.

20. xxAngelOnFirexx

we don't kill the fishies we let them go right after! we eat fish from the store. where you can easily buy meat from. and shooting a poor animal out of its home for sport or 'meat' when you can get that from the store or order it online, is murder. they don't shoot them when they are farm raised. they are plently of meat set aside no use for the extra killing