1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Keep ENDA Trans Inclusive!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by beckyg, Oct 1, 2007.

1. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Congress has been taking so much heat over the transgender inclusive ENDA (Employment Non-Discrimination Act) that Barney Frank (who is supposed to support us!) took the transgender inclusive clause out of it and drew up another bill for transgender people which he knows will not pass. The GLBT community is livid! Many GLBT organizations have told him that this is NOT okay with us. We are not going to leave a member of our community behind. (PFLAG included!) Please go to this website and sign the petition to keep ENDA trans inclusive!

http://www.nosubstitutes.org/

2. Bryan

Signed the petition, I really hope they do follow through. I would be very upset if they didnt include Trans sexuals in EDNA

3. Perrygay

Perrygay Guest

Signed it! That's terrible that they left out transgender people, Mr. Frank should be ashamed.

4. 24601

That's horrible... :frowning2:

5. xequar

I've been following this one pretty closely, and I'm glad to see that the HRC finally got their shit together and joined every other GLBT group out there in opposition to this new bill. Happily, the House has decided to delay the "markup" of the bill, which will hopefully allow enough time for everyone to lobby and get the original bill back on the table.

I signed the petition, and I've been trying to figure out who's going to be involved with this "markup" process so that I can make some phone calls and write some letters.