1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Homemade Halloween costumes

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by factwithinfiction, Oct 23, 2010.

1. factwithinfiction

Alright since my budget for a halloween costume is approximately $0.00 I need to be a little creative this year and think of a homemade costume. I'm super stuck and I dunno what I should make...does anybody have any ideas? I was thinking of dressing as a girl, or doing something funky with my hair since its rather long at the moment but I dunno what.

If anybody thinks of something else, their input will be gladly accepted :icon_bigg

2. Danny19

ive been through this many times.

One halloween i dressed up as a burnt man. I got some old clothes that i didnt want and i burned some parts of it and i added "blood" to it. Then i made something that would make my skin look like it was burned. what you do is you buy gelatin like this > http://mojosavings.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/knox.jpg when you get it you just mix it with water and boil it until its gooey. then you put it on your face or wherever you want to put it. Make sure its not too hot when you put it or self it would burn you face. and make sure not to let it cool down cuz it would get hard and you wont be able to put it on. it hurts to take it off but you can add some water to help u take it off.

I also dressed as a hippie. all i did was buy a wig and a i bought a tie dye shirt. you can make it too if you want.

you can dress as a bum. get some old dirty clothes make em dirtier and wear different shoes.

another halloween i dressed up the girl from the ring..hah. i bought a cheap wig and some fabric and some make up. i think i wasted like 10 bucks on it.

i dressed up as a vampire. My Grandma made me a cape and i got a white button up shirt and black dress pants and some black shoes. I bought some make up and teeth for like 1 dollar each and i only spent like 7 dollars with the fabric for the cape, teeth, and make up.

you can go to the 99 cent store or another cheap store like that an they have a lot of stuff you can use as extras.

Try being creative with things you have at home or cheap stuff you can find at stores. if you wanna be a girl then be a girl. it cant be to hard right?

thats all i can think of for now. Im really creative with my things so making myself a halloween costume is easy (sometimes easy..lol). Ive done that in the past because i dont like buying halloween costumes. they r too expensive and you only wear them once a year. and sometimes you dont want to be the same thing every year so you wanna buy more costumes. i use the cheap way.. :grin:

I hope you like the ideas and take some in consideration! :grin:

3. GoinStag

In Loving Memory

Holy shit I was just gonna suggest you cut 2 holes in a bed-sheet and go as a ghost lol.

4. GhostDog

Or you could cut a bunch of holes in a bedsheet and go as Charlie Brown as a ghost! =P

5. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    A homless man is easy, old clothes and grow some ######, and get a tin cup.

use that sheet with holes, cut it into strands, instant mummy

6. RaRa

If you have 2 dollars, go to a 99cents store and buy pins and a pack green balloons and go as a grape! I'll be doing that again this year for school while wearing something else on actual Halloween. :grin:

7. MusicIsLife

I went as a hobbit one year by wearing baggyish brown pants, white shirt, brown vest and a grey(gray?) blanket pinned around my neck like a cloak. most of it I already had at home.

8. Danny19

haha :lol: or you could do that!

9. Just Adam

So far I've got a pink witch hat, some body glitter, feather bowa thingy, and mixed feathers. I intend to steal some makeup of my mates fiancé... She don't know that yet lol