1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ignoring

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Dare2bProud, Oct 23, 2010.

1. Dare2bProud

Just a quick poll: How do you handle people who ignore you? (i.e. they don't return your calls, they don't pay attention to your text messages, don't respond to your emails etc ....)

2. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I use to constantly text them over and over. Nowadays I just let it go. I know it's hard but either the person is busy, or their phone died/they're away from the phone and didn't get the messages, or they're jerks and you should forget about them.

3. stad90

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Unless you need the person for something (i.e. a school project) or they're family, then that person probably isn't worth wasting time on. Move along and find someone who'll pay attention to you. :slight_smile:

4. fragomatrick

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Forgive them and move on. if they don't care about you, thew you shouldn't either. When you learn to do this, tell me how did it!

5. starfish

Yeah just let it go.

I am the worst about returning calls and texts, and email. Usually I'll read the message, pause to think...... Hey a puppy. You're such cute puppy, yes you are, yes you are. Awww look how he sakes his leg when I scratch behind his ear. This your dog? What his name? Well hello Fido, you are such a good puppy. Oh you have to go. OK, well bye Fido. Now what was I doing. Oh yeah, checking the price of tea in China. Man tea has gotten expensive. That's inflation for ya. I wonder what wikipedia says about inflation.

Three weeks later.
    Hey I never returned Tom's text.

So I would give a few days and then give them a another try. If they don't respond then let it go.

6. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you text, call, email more than a couple of times with no response, it's time to let it go. You might send one last email that says "I've been trying to reach you for a week (or whatever) and you haven't responded. I'm going to assume that you aren't interested in maintaining contact. If that's the case, you don't need to do anything else, I won't contact you again. If it isn't the case, please get in touch soon.

And then.... really let it go. Don't call, text, email again.

The ones that you have to pester to communicate with you aren't worth communicating with.

7. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    depends is it someone your into?
    or, is it friends your trying to get in touch with?
    Is it someone you hooked up with?

8. MusicIsLife

my ex never returned my texts, calls or emails, then when she finally got around to getting back to me, she laughed it off. Hence why shes my ex. People who ignore you for any reason is lame. Just forget them, not worth the effort.

9. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

Well.. I just pass it off, I can understand if their busy..

Lol its funny, I got this friend.. he likes this girl.. and he texted her and he waited the whole day for a reply, then hes goes and gets depressed about it coz she hasnt replied.. I'm like.. its only a day.

10. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I take the hint and move on. I've got enough people who DO return calls, e-mails and texts to bother chasing down those that don't.

Lex

11. ok455

I move on i just assume they are not interested in keeping touch with me. I used to have my ex high school friends on facebook i tried to keep in touch with them sending them messages and stuff and they ignore me or delete my messages i just delete them off and move on. I don't have time to chase after people.

#11 ok455, Oct 24, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2010