1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

On the other hand..

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by runkidrun1988, Nov 12, 2010.

1. being a total polar opposite from New York City, does anyone know anything about Intentional Communities? Just saw something about it and it kind of piqued my interest....sounds interesting.

---------- Post added 12th Nov 2010 at 11:59 PM ----------

Or communes as they are otherwise known

2. Or not. Thanks anyways

3. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Howdy! Well, I don't really know a lot about them with the exception that Intentional Communities tend to bring different people with a common vision or goal together. In some German cities for example, 'eco-communities' were created, where people agree to follow strict environmental standards, and are as environmentally friendly as possible in their every day life.

If you are interested, there are some websites that give you a bit more information on Intentional Communities: http://www.ic.org/

4. Thanks for the information! Now, on the other other hand (haha) does anyone know anything about living in/moving to hawai'i? It's one of the other places I've long considered, just for different reasons