1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

shocking dont u think

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by hoping, Oct 4, 2007.

1. hoping

i just read that in saudi arabia two men where arrested for having sex and there sentence was 7000 lashes each. it makes u wonder how a government like that can say they are for human rights and democracy when they are so barbaric. another example a woman was bashed and raped by her husband until one day he smashed her head into a marble wall. but he was only put in jail for i think 2 months and with no criminal record afterwards. u would think that countries like america and the uk and australia who are all suppose to stand 4 human rights and democracy for everyone would put pressure or something on saudi arabia but no they want their oil and their arms contracts. so who knows what will happen

2. Louise

Unfortunately that is not even the half of it where human rights are concerned in may Arab countries. In saudi arabia a woman caught cheeting on her husband will be stoned to death. Can you imagine the slow and painful death that would be!!! But thes still manage to find the men willing to do it! The man cheeting with her gets nothing at all! Thieves get their hands chopped off! A girl of 12 was group raped by the men of her village because she kept eye contact with one of the older women of the village who didn't like the look of her.

This means that the woman complained to the head of the village, who then discussed it with the elders who decided that a just punishement for this arrogance would be to rape an innocent girl. They then managed to find 6 willing men from the village to do this to her!!! Now that she is no longer a virgin no one will want to marry her and only a life of begging and prostitution awaits her!!!

Yes the western world could put pressure on these countries but ultimately it is the people who live there who must do something about it. While husbands, fathers, brothers and uncles are willing to let their women folk be treated like this AND treat other women like this what on earth do you want the western world to do?

Excuse me but this is one of the subjects that makes my blood boil. If these people can be so backwards in their treatment of women there is NO hope in hell that they will ever understand homosexuality. 7000 lashes is preferable to being gang raped and ostrisized for the rest of your life... well maybe not but you see what I mean! :angry:

3. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

#3 Paul_UK, Oct 5, 2007
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2014
  4. ampthejazz

Yeah... and according to the Iranian president at the recent conference at Columbia University, in Iran, there are "no homosexuals" like we have here in America.... :eusa_eh:

5. NkyJ

Read this thread -> http://www.emptyclosets.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4011

It offers a different look on their society.

6. Bryan

not to shocking, it is Saudi Arabia after all

7. surfrboykai

that's because they kill them all over there :tears:

unfortunately, and i really do hate to generalize, the muslim world is very fuckin cruel. they claim it's a religion of peace, but then you look at their punishments and their laws. i agree with lousie - those countries and the way they treat their people disgust me. but, as she said, only their people can make the changes necessary. at the same time, however, why must we be the ones to change their ways? that's exactly why they hate us so much. do i think that we should help countries with humanitarian problems? abso-fuckin-lutely. but it's way easier said than done. and, sometimes, meddling in their affairs is not only dangerous for our own people, but sometimes it can be more dangerous for the people we're trying to help.

8. SpikySpice

In the Middle East, they are not like other countries, especially the US or UK. They still dont have the Bills Of Right or Independence or True Love or Rights for Women or Stuffs

One of my sis's friend was from teh Middle East, and he said that the men have more right to do things than the women. If the women dont come home at night the 1st time, the men warn them, 2nd time, beat them, 3rd time, kill them. But when a man cheats or leaves his wife, he only got soem slashes on his back and done, nothing else

And he also said if peopel who work for a big company or for teh gorverment, if they are homo, they'll be fired and nobody will ever accept them Somegay couples being thrown rock till dead, that tells you how people there hate homo people

The US and soem European countries are much better, Im so lucky to leave here, I feel little bit safer

9. surfrboykai

the middle east can be so fuckin cruel. my grandpa is from tonga. tonga's always been fine with homosexuality, even after the christians came to brain wash them. the only stipulation with being a gay male in tonga is that you have to wear the female tupenu (a tupenu is a long skirt-like piece of clothing. it's actually way comfy, and somes down to about mid-calf) and you have to do "woman's work" - cleaning and cooking. and like, if yer a desperate man, and you wanna see a gay dude just for sex, it's all good in the hood.

10. SpikySpice

That is so wrong, being gay dosnet mean you are a female and have to do their works!

Well, soem of us may have soem female hormones in us but the way people treat gay peopel in Tonga is mean. It's like a punishment for them, and others will look and them and make faces.

11. surfrboykai

brah, if all i had to do was do the cooking and cleaning, and wear a female's tupenu, but was 100% accepted by the population, i'd so do it.

12. SpikySpice

Well, if you are truely 100% accepted, that mean by the goverment, an dby the furthest to the nearest peopel around you

There are still people who still hate gay people tho gay is allowed

And theer are gay men who dont want to dres like women.

13. Jerr

Sucks for whoever has to do that... Damn... 14,000 lashes.... GAH... my arm would be KILLING me after like 500 tops... Whoever does those will have some pretty nice arms... (Just looking on another view of it)

14. SpikySpice

Well, they can change the whippers, no need to let someone beat someone 7000 times, there are many peopel who can do that

15. surfrboykai

what if the whipped lost count, which i'm shure they do "accidentally" =/

16. SpikySpice

Well, yeah, if they are lazy, cuz no one 's gonna stand there for hours to count and watch them whipping people. But if they do, it's gonna get boring and so they dont pay attention much

17. surfrboykai

that's not what i meant. i was implying that like, since they obviously enjoy making people suffer, i can see them pretending to lose count so they would have to start all over again

18. SpikySpice

Well, then that will take more tiem to finish the whips and they wil have to chnage more peopel if their hands get tired

But that will kill those two poor men, ....

19. SparkleSpike

SparkleSpike Guest

I can see that most women are still dont have many rights. And yeah, it's schocked that these two men each got 7000 slashes on their back, it's so horrible

20. surfrboykai

and yet, they do a lot worse for far less