1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A Question.....

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by DanielleBabyx, Nov 15, 2010.

1. DanielleBabyx

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    If you could take a pill that would make you Straight, would you take it? This was on another forum,most people would actually take it they said they said it would make everything Easier,I don't know if i would,i would be tempted,but nah in the end i think i wouldn't take it.

There obviously isn't one,but it's just to see if you could...would you?

2. British Lad

British Lad Guest

Lets put it this way, I would ask for its source and rise that place to the ground and destroy the pill. Does that answer your question?

3. Shevanel

I wouldn't, but because my sexuality is the least defining factor in what makes up who I am. Changing it would be changing me sure, but I also couldn't give a shit enough to want to change it.

There are more important things to worry about.

I'm happy enough with my sexuality, as difficult as it can be.

#3 Shevanel, Nov 15, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2010
  4. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I often think of what I would be like if I weren't gay. Then I realize that I wouldn't be who I am today and I know that it's partially because I'm gay that I'm this way. I know that sounds odd because personality and sexual orientation do not really have anything related to one another BUT I feel being gay has given me a different outlook on life and as a result, I feel I don't take things for granted like some straight people do.

5. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Not even remotely interested.

Lex

6. deep edward

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No way. And I can't say that my being gay is a "small part of who I am," as some people say. Coming to terms with my sexuality caused me to question pretty much everything, and I likely wouldn't have the worldview that I have if I wasn't gay. I like being gay, I like being a guy, and I like being an introvert - I would never want to change any of those things about myself.

7. DanielleBabyx

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Same as most of you ^ but i don't think I've realised of big it's all going to be.

8. Black Cat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hell no.

I'm happy the way I am, thank you very much. But if said pill could possibly help at least one person out there then that's fantastic. It just isn't for me.

9. Moonstrike

Moonstrike Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm on the fence. Being gay is part of who I am but being non-gay would be so much easier.

10. kem

kem

Six months ago I would have said yes, now I'd much rather die than take that pill.

11. Numfarh

Numfarh Guest

Not now. I don't think I would take it now after all my life experiences with being...er... whatever.

But before? When I was younger? I may have considered it. I mean, it wouldn't have made a difference to me if I hadn't been exposed to my sexuality yet. It would be sort of like choosing your kid's hair colour in the womb. The kid doesn't know the difference or what it would have been like to be born with a different head of hair. I just don't think it would make any impact on me if I was unaware of the switch. I mean, in some alternate dimension there is a Corina who is straight and happy that way. I just hope that straight!Corina is an ally and not a bigot. Oh damn. I've definitely just thought that into existence. I should go kill bigoted me.

I think the best thing to hope for is not a pill to 'fix us', but rather to live in a society where no one thinks we need to be fixed. In that world, no one would even think of changing their sexuality since no one would care if you were gay, straight or any of the millions of inbetweens.

#11 Numfarh, Nov 15, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 15, 2010
  12. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you'd asked me a year ago, I'd of probably said yes. Now, nope.
    Nice to look back and see how far you've come.
    We're more then our sexuality, and some magic pill that would change one thing about us isn't going to change people's opinions or their hearts and that is the real issue, I think Mystique said it best in X-Men 2.
    Nightcrawler: "Why not use your power all the time, to stay hidden?"
    Mystique: "Because we shouldn't have to."

13. Rikudo

At times it seems really tempting to me cause life would be seemingly more easier for me. However thinking it through it's because of having to deal with it that I've been made into a stronger person.

14. TWestside

TWestside Guest

To live easier; yeah.. i would take that pill.
    To live happier; no i wouldn't..

15. LostandFound

LostandFound Guest

Yes. I would.

To make that part of my life easier. I don't want an easy life but my sexuality is such a small small part of my identity and I feel that at the moment the challenge is taking a huge toll on me for something that doesn't really define me at all.

16. Miss Modular

Begrudgingly, I would say no. And it would probably make my life more difficult rather than easier, because assuming that this would be a pill that you would take every day - like pills that manage/cure nearly every other condition - I would probably forget to take it half the time, making everything that much more confusing. Also, it would turn being gay and/or not straight back in to a medical condition that requires corrective measures.
    I think that this might be the subject of some movie from the 1990s.

17. Darkwing65

No way. Normalcy is so boring and mundane.

18. Eric

No. Women are too complicated for me. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

All jokes aside, I wouldn't. I'm comfortable with who I am. I have no problem being gay. If it ain't broke, why fix it? Would being straight be an improvement? No, more like a lateral move. So, I could just save myself the trouble of having to get a bottle of water, swallowing the pill and feeling side-effects.

19. starfish

If the pill was permeant, then no I don't think I would. How ever lets say the effects were temporary, like lets say 1-2 months. Then why not. Might be fun.

20. MMAnick

I would in a heart beat.