1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where to live??

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by runkidrun1988, Nov 23, 2010.

1. I don't like the place I live right now, for a variety of reasons. And I want to live someplace, preferably out west, that has all the nice things about west coast living, with cold snowy winters too, and preferably a big city. Do such places exist? Or should I just stick with my NYC idea?

2. ok455

Check out http://www.city-data.com/forum/ And http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/index.php they are both amazing websites that talks about every city in the usa good advice and sky scraper fourms have amazing pictures of almost every city in the world. I love researching cities and stuff.

What about Chicago Big city affordable snowy weather etc that's one of my dream cities to move too.

What about Job what kind of job experience and/or education do you have? Im just curious im not trying to give you a lecture or anything but what about going to college or technical school first?

I hate where i live at but i at least want a college degree before moving.

3. EWU2012

For Washington State there is Seattle and Spokane. Of course Seattle is mocu more diverse and larger but Spokane has the snow. There is also Portland. Thats three of the bigger cities in the Pacific Northwest and Inland Northwest.

4. Beertruck

I'm gonna agree with OK455 - what do you want to do with your life? For some jobs like doctors, lawyers, dentists, etc. you can pretty much go anywhere. For other jobs like working in the media or publishing or something, you're pretty much limited to certain areas.

If you like cosmopolitan snowy cities out west, why not Denver or Salt Lake? I've heard that SLC has a pretty awesome LGBT scene despite (in spite of?) being the center of the Mormon church.

The best advice would be probably not just think of the typical locations like New York or Los Angeles if you can help it. When you're young, sometimes the best places to go are in the 'smaller-name' big cities like Charlotte or Atlanta or Austin. If I had a choice I'd probably be moving to one of them, but I'm more or less trapped in NYC because of my career path.

5. ok455

6. Moonstrike

Moonstrike Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
  7. Beertruck

He also made a "should I live in New York?" thread. Clearly, its something that's on his mind.

8. ok455