1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What to do?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Connor22, Nov 24, 2010.

1. Connor22

ok first off this isn't another how do i come out thread, this is me asking for advice in terms of future career, ok well when I picked my GCSEs I did them with one thing in mind, joining the Royal Navy and becoming a chopper pilot, but recently my conviction to wanting to do that has well been shaky and honestly I can't see any other way forward, let me explain, I DON'T want to go into business, just don't, got my own reasons for that and that's where I draw the line, then I thought of politics, I'm a good speaker, good at making friends and arguing and thinking outside the box and making decisions so that seemed like a good idea but I was talking to my dad, a guy who knows the local political system and the people in it very well and basically what he told me was that the whole lot of them are corrupt lazy people who try their very best to make a career out of not making decisions and he told me that if I wanted to go into politics that is what I would have to contend with and what I could wind up as, again something I REALLY don't want to be, also, and I know this is going to sound very childish I suppose, but I want a little bit of excitment in my life and the thing I would love to do most is fly helicopters but flying executives from a to b doesn't sound like much fun and if I don't want to join the forces what else is there? I had an idea once of starting a charity of helicopter pilots that fly rescue helicopters to disaster regions but the military already does that so whats the point? and sea and rescue doesn't sound very appealing either. Sorry for the long winded text but I really need some advice on this and I've been asking around everywhere, anyway, if youve read this far thanks and any advice is, as always, greatly appreciated.

2. MMAnick

First off, if you want to start a charity of helicopters pilots to help in disaster areas do it. Even though the military does it already im sure not only would they love your help but they would call you first so they could use their helicopters in other places.

Another thing is if you want to fly a helicopter just for the "excitment" thats not the only way to have an exciting life. Think outside the box. You could be a stunt man for movies and be the guy who jumps on bulidings or (in time) play professional sports or become a pro boxer or mma fighter.

There are loads of things you can learn....just give it time and you'll find something you like and want to do.