1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Attention EC guys in northern California (or nearby): Men's workshop

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Chip, Nov 30, 2010.

1. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So some of you may know that I have an interest in personal growth workshop intensives. These are two to five day events where a group of people come together to challenge themselves and work on bettering themselves in various ways.

BlairSW, our resident counseling/social work expert, and I have been developing a workshop program for gay, bi, and questioning men. We held the first one a couple of years ago, and got very positive feedback. Since then, we've worked on refining the program and format, and will be offering our second such event in Sacramento in late december of this year.

It is a three-day event intended to help men (18+) explore issues surrounding communications, relationships, body image, and emotional intimacy, with an emphasis on personal growth and exploration.

Through a combination of discussion, games and other experiential activities and exercises, the participants will challenge self-imposed fears, boundaries, and limitations, and facilitate openness to a new way of being that is emotionally and physically healthier, more free, and with fewer limitations on our success.

I know there are a handful of EC people within spittin' distance of Sacramento, so figured I'd post it here in case anyone is interested in attending. We may do another one in Toronto (where Blair lives) sometime mid-next year.

You can read more about the workshop here. If you're interested in attending, please PM me for more details and contact info. Cost is on a sliding scale, if you're a student or un/underemployed, you can pay whatever you can afford; we'd rather have people come than have anyone not come because they can't afford it.

The workshop is open to everyone 18+ but is geared to (and typically attracts) guys who are 18-25.

You can read more about the workshop here. If you're interested in attending, please PM me for more details and contact info.